No announcement yet.

This is Telemark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My remaining photos of Telemark for this thread (at least until I can make another visit!) are all of the three-day annual country market called Dyrsk’un. I already posted a few photos of this event as part of the CowParade thread, where I described the country fair as an extraordinarily vibrant amalgam of agricultural show, market, craft fair, traditional festival, showcase for local produce, family gathering, even car boot sale, and much, much else besides.
    That said, these photos which I'll post in the next day or so will need very little further commentary. Enjoy!

Comment

Comment

The blond haired guy on the bright red tractor in the very last image, could have been me about 30 years ago!!

You are such a good ambassador for Telemark Seagull!
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
          The blond haired guy on the bright red tractor in the very last image, could have been me about 30 years ago!!
          You are such a good ambassador for Telemark Seagull!
          Yes, I can recognise the simultaneous concentration and enjoyment that accompanies that professional “I know what I’m doing” look!

Next instalment from the Ambassador of Telemark coming up shortly . . .

Comment

I had bought one of those little sleds from this woodwork stall - I use it as a Christmas decoration laden with chocolates, fruit etc.(or a bit of fun for Sea-Troll!!).
            The guy recognises me and offers coffee!

[by popular request - the sled is now featured in a Christmas card:-
            http://captainsvoyage-forum.com/show...6&postcount=13 ]
            Last edited by Seagull; December 24th, 2009, 17:25. Reason: added Christmas festive link!

Comment

Comment

Love the sheep there... the one with the red eyes...

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I loved that sheep too . . . but my luggage was already full to capacity after purchasing the sled!

I also encountered so many wonderful people at the fair.

Comment

Comment

The Norwegian milk cows of Norway looks so much better than the skinny carabao of the dry Thai ricefields...

Comment

Contrasts in style. And from traditional dress . . .

. . . to traditional architecture. It looks like an absolute delight of a dolls’ house. But it is actually to advertise a company who make those intricate wood carvings typical of the sveitserhus style – window surrounds, doors, balustrades, verandas and other pre-fabricated house parts.

Comment

Contrasts in style. And from traditional dress . . .
                          I'm not an expert on one thing, but tend to know just a little bit about many things....., so, therefore it's my pleasure to tell you that the traditional dress at the picture (bunaden) is the classic Aust-Telemark bunad.
                          (Aust-Telemark: East-Telemark, as Vest-Telemark is West-Telemark).

The reason for this being an Aust-telemark bunad is several things, but the main difference between the Aust- and Vest-Telemark bunads is the belt around the waist.
                          Broad one here, on the Aust- one, and a tiny thin one at the Vest-Telemark bunad.
                          There are also differences in the brodery both between them and within each region...., and that depends exactly which place the owner comes from.

Ok, this concludes the bunad-class for now.
                          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Fascinating, Big S!! I love the bunad info. My being a "needlesports" girl...can I request a "bunad" thread sometime in the future????

Seagull..wonderful, as usual. Makes me want to go to the party. I, too, would like the sheep...for a footstool. I already have a mini-cotton bale for a footstool..and I would love a sheepy one as well!

People make the most fascinating photos, don't they. Total strangers, but always so interesting. I love to wonder about their lives......

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
                              l...can I request a "bunad" thread sometime in the future????
                              Your wish is my command:

The Norwegian "BUNAD" thread.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                                Your wish is my command:
                                Well then...I'd like..........................
                                (to be continued later!

Comment

Working...
                                X