Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommi
    replied
    Thank you again Ombugge for taking for a sight-seeing around Ålesund.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    Originally posted by ombugge View Post
    Maybe you should take a few days to explore the lesser known places in town and the surroundings on your next visit.
    I have every intention of doing exactly that, and local buses are indeed the way to go. Actually I had such intentions last time I was considering a stop-over along the southern part of Hurtigruten's route, but ended up stopping-over in Kristiansund!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Final pictures from this walk-about; the old Chappel at Nedre Gravlund:

Maybe not the most impressive of buildings, but worth a few pictures anyhow.

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    The center of higher learning in Aalesund is concentrated in the same area, with Aalesund Hoykole and Norwegian Maritime Competence Center side by side:

This represent the the nerve center of the Maritime Cluster in the region and contains the ultimate of simulation technology for the Offshore Oil & Gas Industry.

Here is a link to NMK: http://www.normarkom.no/index.php?language=en

And to Aalesund University College: http://www.hials.no/

A closer look at the nearly new NMK building:

The main entrance:

And a list of who is in there:

The Simulators housed here is supposedly the most sophisticated in the Maritime word, with people from all over being sent here by their employers to train on DP operations, shiphandling, anchor handling and ust about anything else involved with Marine Operations.

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    This is the former Borgund Sparebank building:

Very nice architecture, which is basically unchanged since new. No longer housing any bank though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X