X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ombugge
    replied
    Fishing boats seen alongside in Aalesund yesterday:

Hurtigruta at Prestebrygga, which will be the venue for a while, until the new terminal at Skansekaia is ready:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Nice name on this one:

This former Pi;ot Boat looked in good nick, however:

High water at the slipway/launch ramp:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    The condition of these old Cod Lever Oil Factories pictured by Sterkoder has not improved either:

Some of the boats stored here does not look like the will get back in the water anytime soon:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Remember this Pirate boat from a Sterkoder report last year?:

It hasn't received much maintenance since. Here is a closer look at the present condition:

Leave a comment:

• Sigve
    commented on 's reply
    To the early sixties, yes.

• ombugge
    commented on 's reply
    You obviously go back a long time, but yes.

• Sigve
    commented on 's reply
    OK, where Landes Rutebiler/Bybussen ended its route...

• ombugge
    replied
    Aalesund as seen from Olsvika Marina, Hessa today:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    commented on 's reply
    Hatlane, near Menu Supermarket and Hatlasvingen.

• Sigve
    commented on 's reply
    In former days the post adress was 6022 Åsestranda. Indre Åse, Furmyr Gartneri perhaps?

• Seagull
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you so much for the link to that extraordinary photoseries, Ombugge.

• Sigve
    commented on 's reply
    The picture series of the fate of Rønneberghaugen/Fugleberget is unbelievable!!

• ombugge
    replied
    Originally posted by Seagull View Post
    A walk in more familiar parts of Ålesund …but then there's a statue I do not remember seeing! Well I wasn’'t actually thinking about the satellite-dish-like sculpture and the laugh your comment gave me, though it was also new to me I was thinking about the SEAGULLS!
    Simply wonderful, and delightful photos too.
    The seagull monument is near the location of an actual seagull colony breeding on a rock wall in the middle of town:http://www.alesund.kommune.no/fakta-...g-og-sprenging

The blasting away of this rock and the demolition of the large stone villa situated above, caused a lot of debate and even demonstrations.
    For those with real interest in this subject, here is a link with 74 pictures giving a sequential history: http://www.smp.no/kultur/article5214503.ece

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    A walk in more familiar parts of Ålesund …but then there's a statue I do not remember seeing! Well I wasn’'t actually thinking about the satellite-dish-like sculpture and the laugh your comment gave me, though it was also new to me I was thinking about the SEAGULLS!
    Simply wonderful, and delightful photos too.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    commented on 's reply
    I had intended to add something about the other photos on this walk of yours too, because I particularly enjoyed seeing the various buildings big and small that you saw along the way, and, just as I would have done, paused to take a photo. This is without a doubt the kind of pleasurable activity that can distract me from getting around to visiting the places featuring in excursions and tourist info

Also very interesting to see the various academic establishments, and in particular I had no idea of the extent of the facilities at NCCM.
Working...
X