• ombugge
    replied
    Rescue vessel Emma Dyvi is a regular in Aalesund:

As is Los 108:

And Tidelyn:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    I find I still got some pictures from Aalesund from our last days there that haven't be posted yet.

High tide and windy. Even the narrowest part of Brosundet have waves:

Wyvern af Aalesund being prepared for the winter:

The shortest "Pilot Ladder" I have ever seen:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    In the "Good old days" there were a lot of bus companies in Ålesund. Landes Rutebiler/bybussen, Spjelkavikruta, Emblemsruta, Sularuta, Skodjeruta, Ørskog/Stordalen, Stranda/Sykkylven, Mørebil - just to mention some, I may have forgotten many. When the Rutebilstasjonen were built in the early 60-ies, it was very modern and ahead of its time.
    Speaking of the buses, here is the Time Express bus, plying the route Volda - Aalesund - Molde - Kr.sund every hour during the day and evening (0700 - 2300, or 7/11 if you want):

The medium range buses have go a different colour scheme from the short range and long range buses:

Leave a comment:

• Sigve
    commented on 's reply
    In the "Good old days" there were a lot of bus companies in Ålesund. Landes Rutebiler/bybussen, Spjelkavikruta, Emblemsruta, Sularuta, Skodjeruta, Ørskog/Stordalen, Stranda/Sykkylven, Mørebil - just to mention some, I may have forgotten many. When the Rutebilstasjonen were built in the early 60-ies, it was very modern and ahead of its time.

• Ralf__
    replied
    Thank you for this winter holiday in Alesund. It is nice to see all the buses parking in the depot over the holidays year for year. And there were plenty of new, unknown sights. I enjoyed this very much. Seems you will return to Singapore soon?

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    1507 hrs. Kong Harald on the way north bound under a darkening sky:

By 1535 hrs. we were back in the house and the sun had gone below the horizon:

Not much colours.

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Next is from the south side of town at 1456 - 1500 hrs.:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    1428 hrs. and another venue:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    The lights today has been quite changing, from a colourless sunrise to fast changing conditions during the short day, to a fairly colourless sunset. (Strong SE'ly wind and dry all day)

Here is the view from the veranda at 1347 hrs.:

By 1402 hrs. colours started to appear on the clouds:

At 1420 hrs. we were in town:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    commented on 's reply
    Glad you enjoyed Aalesund, both in person and my reports from walkabouts this last two weeks.
    There will not be too much more from me now, but don't despair, the Cruise season is just around the corner.

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Your pictures from Ålesund put me in a mood of 'alenetid' (time spent alone) in a summery Ålesund...., only me, my camera and my Toyota.
    Spending time in this beautiful city from 0700 in the morning to way past noon, together with large cruise ships and their passengers givs me a lot...., and on to top it all with a ship and stay in Åndalsnes...., wow!!!!
    So, thanks for walking/driving around, giving us these impressions!

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    The main attraction is of cause the "windows" in the floor to view the fish swimming below:

Lights below water both attract fish and make it possible to see them during the night:

It is hard to zoom in on the fish though:

For some reason the fish doesn't want to keep still long enough to get in focus.

Some interesting effects occurs though:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    The outside and inside lighting is very blue and not very bright. :

Maybe they should name the place Skimmed Milk?

Milk canister and milk bottles (British?) are used as decorations:

Hard to see here, but along the mid-divder there are live gas flames:

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    I did promise to report on the new bar in Aalesund, appropriately named MILK.
    Yesterday we were the first guests to arrive for an overpriced beer and glass of wine, just to keep my promise to the CVF family. (The hardship of it all)

This should indicate the location of the bar:

Situated above the old Ferry Ramp at Skateflukaia.

More external views:

It is only open from 1800 hrs. in winter:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X