Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yvneac
    commented on 's reply
    In this year of Norman commemorations (1066-2016) maybe this deer wanted to see Rollon statue.

• ombugge
    replied
    There are competition for priority on the steps up to Fjellstua: http://www.smp.no/alesund/2016/05/31...e-12816080.ece
    With two large Cruise ship in town tomorrow I think the deer do best staying away from the steps.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    She certainly is. Wait until the two masts and her sails are mounted ;-)

• Tommi
    commented on 's reply
    Nice little ship, the Bankskøyta.

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Drove aboard the 6 AM ferry in Molde to visit Ålesund Tuesday to finally get to watch BRITANNIA with my own eyes after the disappoyntment in Åndalsnes last summer, when she diverted to Olden. Anyway, I did not get to take her pictures as she turned around outside Slinningsodden to go stern in to dock, as she was an hour early. Nontheless, she is an impressive ship, 330 meters long, 44 meters wide.

I was not the only one out with a camera yesterday

Hotel Brosundet (left) and the yellow Clarion Collection Hotel Bryggen in Ålesundet

And as Ombugge wrote, the bankskøyta is finally afloat ( http://bankskoyta.no/ )

Leave a comment:

• yvneac
    commented on 's reply
    Ombugge,your life is a novel.Write it.
    I know,I know,it's none of my business...

• nari
    commented on 's reply
    I have watched work being done on this vessel during my four visits to Aalesund last October. She is quite stunning and may she sail for decades.

• ombugge
    replied
    She is afloat. Perfect lift in perfect Aalesund weather: http://www.smp.no/nyheter/alesundogo...t-12618025.ece

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    commented on 's reply
    I do really understand what you are saying. Moving back to Norway after nearly 2 decades in SE Asia was probably the hardest thing I have ever done. Now, soon another decade later, I'm finally settling in I presume, but not a day goes by without thinking about my home on the other side of the world.

• ombugge
    commented on 's reply
    No, that is going to take years. I was told by an Welshmen that moved back there after many years in S.E.Asia that it takes three winters before it kicks in for real. The darkness is probably going to be the worst for me.

Meanwhile I have the same problems as all other "refugees" (I'm an "Oil crises Refugee"), or even migrants from other western countries;
    To figure out how things work or are done here, which is very different from what I'm used to in many cases. I'm getting there, slowly.

Now I'm trying to find something to do here. I have revived a company I registered here in the 1980s, but it is going to take some time to build up a contact network. Anybody have some tips?

• Tommi
    replied
    Thank you for posting Ombugge. It's really interesting to see all the different types of boats around the town, as well as the town itself.
    Have you acclimatized yourself yet after the move?

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    commented on 's reply
    It was not obvious for me, perhaps a holder for something.
    A bit of googling resulted in the knowledge that they are used to store the boom and sail when not used.
    http://borgundgavlen.no/wp-content/u...-960x480_c.jpg

• pakarang
    replied
    Thank you very much Sir ombugge for sharing those images. Seeing these latest images of the vessel prior to her launch, it's not hard to see that she is a magnificent looking vessel. May she sail in safety on all seas and in all fjords!

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    As reported earlier a traditional fishing boat from the late 1800s/early 1900s has been under construction in Aalesund the last couple of years.
    It is now getting ready to be launched: http://bankskoyta.no/
    I noticed the activity around her and just had to know what was going on.
    As seen from across Brosundet yesterday:

Counter weight for the crane being lifted into place:

All painted and ready for launch:

She should be sailing sometime early this summer, or at least that is the plan. (Watch this page)

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    The classical pictures of Brosundet:

A not so frequently seen picture of Hellebroa:

The best Fish n' Chips in town is offered at a kiosk by Hellebroa:

Not many pleasure crafts at the Guest Marina in Brosundet:

The rental kayaks are waiting for summer and the tourist crowd:

So are the tulips at the City Hall Plaza:

OK, just a bit of warm weather would do.They don't care one bit about the tourists.

Trying to sell newspapers to a flag waiving Troll is not easy:

​I know, I tried to sell newspapers to ANYBODY on this street in my VERY young age.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X