No announcement yet.

This is Ålesund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ombugge- these are SPLENDID!!!!! The swans are majestic...and I love the shot of the bright flag in all the snowy landscape!!!!!!

Comment

Wonderful images from a much more snow filled landscape than Trondheim. Here, we only have 10 cm of snow but the temperature is down to -16 here today!!! Freezing!
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Getting this rare ombugge-eye-view of snowy weather is absolutely fascinating me!

Comment

Aalesund 02.01.2010

Yesterday was the coldest day of the year so far, at - 5C:

The sun is still struggling to make any difference:

But the sunset was quite spectacular:

Today it is 0C, gray and some snow showers/sleet and not much to show off.

Comment

Always surprising to me, that the temperatures up there are not colder than in our area, we had quite colder days down here... and i enjoy your reports very much.
            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Aalesund 04.01.2010

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
              Always surprising to me, that the temperatures up there are not colder than in our area, we had quite colder days down here... and i enjoy your reports very much.
              You shouldn't be surprised since you are living way inland and Aalesund is at the coast, right there where the "axis" of the Gulf stream hits the coast so the sea temperature never falls below +6C (Right now it is +7C in Aalesund harbour) Air temperature seldom falls below -5C, even in January, although the forecast for the next few days is for lower than that.

Here is today's situation report from Aalesund: Snow showers and around 0C.

Down town Aalesund:

Residential streets in Aalesund has been cleared to a degree:

Somebody have just their cars idle until spring:

Yes, there is a car somewhere under there:

It cleared later:
              Last edited by ombugge; January 4th, 2010, 16:30. Reason: Add pics

Comment

WAOWW.... you have ended up in winter wonder land!

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                  WAOWW.... you have ended up in winter wonder land!
                  Well I do have a return ticket

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                    Well I do have a return ticket
                    ... which you may wish not to use... am I right?

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                      ... which you may wish not to use... am I right?
                      NO!!
                      20 caracters be damned

Comment

Great report from Ålesund, 'ombugge'! (Even if I don't like snow).

Glad we had our 'julebord' in Ålesund in November, when it was still no snow. Don't like to drive around, or walk, in such snowy streets with that slushy snow/salt mix in every street crossing....
                        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Aalesund this week

These last few days have been VERY cold - also in Aalesund.
                          I don't know if this is a record, but it is the coldest I have seen during this visit:

I had to scrape ice off the inside of the window to get this pics.

But as a consolation, the sun managed to climb the hill today:

That gave us a full 4 hours of sunshine directly on the windows. It didn't make much difference to the temperature though.

Cold weather doesn't stop sale of fresh prawns at the wharf:

Not a cloud in the sky wherever you look, for days or nights.

A view towards East:

and towards West:

Towards the North:

and towards the South:

Comment

Great report, 'ombugge'...., and the weather is just the same here in Kristiansund
                            But; I see the fishing vessels "Rogne" and "Traal" are down by the dock, so I just wonder, what day did you take these pictures...?

Need to know, because I'm tracking "my" AIS in a desperate attempt to find the name of that yellow little speed craft on that last picture there, and the log from today and three days back show no fishing vessels
                            "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Ombugge--how I LOVE the photos of the fishermen! Seeing people makes the photos seem so....I don't know--ALIVE? Real? It's WONDERFUL!

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                                Great report, 'ombugge'...., and the weather is just the same here in Kristiansund
                                But; I see the fishing vessels "Rogne" and "Traal" are down by the dock, so I just wonder, what day did you take these pictures...?

Need to know, because I'm tracking "my" AIS in a desperate attempt to find the name of that yellow little speed craft on that last picture there, and the log from today and three days back show no fishing vessels
                                Those pics where taken yesterday abt 14-1500 hrs

Comment

Working...
                                X