Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pilotdane
    replied
    Yesterday we checked into our river boat, Avalon Vista in Nuremberg. There was only one boat, a Viking a ways down the dock. This morning there were 13. A couple were even rafted-up as there was no more dock space on either side of the canal. I knew summer river cruising had exploded but I had no idea there would be so many boats active in winter.'

Oh, my room view... It's a bus. Our cabin is on the shore side.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    The villa in image 392/4 - the one in a slightly neglected state (according to the photo) - is very beautiful in design! Lots of really cute detail, and I especially like the glass(?) covered patio on the back.

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    The view from the window was quite spectacular:

But the Condo across the road blocked a bit of the view:

External view of Northam Hotel from Northam Beach Club across the road:

Directly across the road was this beautiful old Villa, but in a sorry state of repairs:

Further along the beach was this old Villa, which had been preserved and used as a front for a large new block, housing Wawasan Open University:

More about Penang, the old Villas and buildings still in existence all around the Colonial time Georgetown to be posted in the "This is Malaysia" thread later.

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    Northam Hotel in Penang claim to be All Suites: http://web.northamhotel-penang.com/
    I got a good deal for one of their smaller Studio Suites at only SGD 105/night, so we took a short break (Tuesday / Friday) from the hustle and bustle of Singapore, but avoided the weekend crowd. Penang is a popular weekend retreat for Singaporean and people from KL. (Especially now, during School Holidays)

The room was at 36th floor. The standard and facilities were OK, as was the service.
    Here is the sitting area:

The sleeping area was not separated from the sitting area:

It was separated from the bathroom only by a blind, which could not be raised, or adjusted.

The bathroom was spacious, with a large Jacuzzi bathtub, two washbasins, separate shower and toilet cubicles:

The surprising thing was that the wardrobe was actually inside the bathroom.

There was another toilet near the entrance door:

Leave a comment:

• kiki42
    commented on 's reply
    so sorry Ivy... I saw Cecelia's name at the start of this thread . I think my mind is still on holiday ... lol

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    Hey, I'm Ivy!

• kiki42
    commented on 's reply
    it was Cecilia . The hotel was amazing, so much character . I felt so comfortable being there on my own. there was a bus stop, taxis , car hire, shop, and two restaurants opposite the hotel .. the hotel had its little harbour where you can book all kinds of sea sports . So everything for any age group ... I loved it..

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Beautiful location, Kiki!

Leave a comment:

• kiki42
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kiki42
    replied
    This is the CORAL BEACH HOTEL/RESORT near PAPHOS My room with lovely views .

Leave a comment:

• pilotdane
    replied
    We've changed hotels to the Hyatt on the Bund. Our room is on the 19th floor and has two windows. Since the building is curved we have a slightly better view of the Pudong skyline from one but a terrific view of river traffic out of both. The coating on the glass is not the most uniform so photography is not the best and i'm frustrated when I try to get a better view of the boats with my binoculars.

Leave a comment:

• pilotdane
    replied
    Here is the view from the 19th floor of the Pine City Hotel in Shanghai.

If you look to the right, off in the distance some of the well known Shanghai skyline can be seen in the distance. For now we are in a non-tourist area near Fudan Medical College. In a few days we will move down to a more tourist location on the river in the Bund.

Leave a comment:

• kiki42
    replied
    this was our family room at the Royal hotel Skye.. . the photo with the poster was just opposite the hotel ., the harbour was below

Leave a comment:

• kiki42
    commented on 's reply
    yes the lawn furniture was placed all along the front of the hotel, where everyone sat and had drinks before dinner . lovely setting looking out to sea. There was also an outdoor swimming pool further along.

• pilotdane
    commented on 's reply
    Nice lawn furniture with a view. I could drink a cokctail on the lawn and watch the tide come in.
Working...
X