World hotel room views

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scandic Hotel, Ålesund

I've mentioned the Hotel ARA, Zwijndrecht, Holland (near Thijs!) a few times before, but thought these two fitted in here.

The 'river view' hotel rooms have large picture windows looking straight down / up the Oude Maas. These views are from our hotel room there during our trip last week - feels really odd to see some of these fellows come slipping straight past the hotel!

Both photos by Mrs PoloUK!
    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

View from my room at Puteri Pacific Hotel, Johor Bahru.
      Down town JB:

View towards the Causeway and Woodlands, Singapore:

And a view towards the the humble abode of our neighbour:

The Sultan's palace from the vantage point of 10th floor.
      Last edited by ombugge; May 8th, 2012, 13:22.

Comment

Like an idiot I forgot to take photos of my room in Washington DC this weekend. Now I've moved out to Alexandria, VA where my hotel room overlooks my old one in DC. We lucked into a very nice 30th floor room with a patio. Unfortunately the weather is not great but I was able to snap this photo between rains.

Comment

Now for where the photo was taken. The view of the capitol is off to the right. Very annoyingly there is no way to get a view without looking through several layers of glass. Great for blocking the wind but really bad for photography.

And, if I turn around and look up I get to see many antennas. Surprisingly, my cell phone reception is not as good as you'd think being 20 feet from the antenna.

Comment

Re: World hotel room views

View from my window at the Dorsett Hotel Labuan F.T., East Malaysia.

View of Victoria Harbour anchorage:

Comment

This could be in the jungle somewhere, but is actually the view from my window towards the East.

With a fruit tree next to the Dorsett Hotel:

I don't know what type of fruit this is.

Comment

Labuan Finance Centre:

The Dorsett reflected in the glass wall of Labuan Finance Centre:

Comment

I am back from my various business and private trips and will report during the next days. As teaser for today here some pictures of our hotel in Dresden: Therese-Malten-Villa.

View from the balcony through the trees on the river "Elbe":

More to come tomorrow in an own thread. See you!!
                  Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Such a charming place!
                    Looking forward to the continuation...

Comment

I could see having a nice glass of wine on that balcony.

Comment

Here is cabina #16 at El Selencio Del Camp outside La Fortuna Costa Rica. I've spent a lot of time on the other side of the volcano but am spending three days on this side to see if I can get a good view of any activity. Here is the view from the front door.

Putting on the big lens I can see some steaming at the summit. Unfortunately the top 2'000 feet has been shrouded in clouds much of the time. This photo was taken from the front porch.

Comment

Hilton London Heathrow

Hilton Hotel.
                          Terminal 4, London Heathrow Airport
                          19 August 2012
                          Room 327

Normally the “hotel room views” thread is my first stop on CVF on returning from travel, but, well, Nordstjernen’s last voyage is clearly a bit different situation! Anyway, I travelled via LHR (from where Hurtigruten had arranged the flight package), utilising flight and hotel points for the extra Edinburgh to London bit.

So no plane spotting from the cheaper (i.e.no cost) room at the Hilton, but an “atrium view”, actually looking down on the buffet breakfast, which was even included in the points spend, and is open even at this early hour.

Comment

Hilton Hotel.
                            Terminal 4, London Heathrow Airport
                            1 September 2012
                            Room 207

Same hotel, different room on the return journey. Here you can see round into the reception area.

Comment

Spitsbergen Hotel, Svalbard

Spitsbergen Hotel
                              Longyearbyen
                              Svalbard
                              Night of 20/21 August 2012
                              Room 203

Arriving on the flight from Oslo at around midnight, a hotel night was included in Hurtigruten’s arrangements, along with breakfast and lunch the following day and a tour of Longyearbyen which then ended at the ship. The Spitsbergen Hotel is a Rica Hotel.

I took my hotel room view on arrival at half past midnight, and it is light outside –the period of Midnight Sun in the latitude of Longyearbyen is up to 22nd August!
                              Isn’t it cosy!

I didn’t mind in the least that the room wasn’t at the front of the hotel, because I had a view of the hillside –yes, rocks and stones! – how very me!

Comment

The window view next morning, by which time it was rather cloudier. A lovely light and calm mood in this image I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X