replied
    Re: World hotel room views

My room in the brand new Aifa Hotel in Labuan:

Leave a comment:

• kiki42
    replied

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
    When I see these images, I keep thinking about the roof-tops.... those cup-cake-cream-roofs... they had a special name, anyone remember what it was?
    Hi Jan olav, I have just looked at my book from Moscow and it mentions the Hipped Roof Towers. 8 grouped around the central church with a heigh of 47.5m a 10th church was added over the tomb of St Basil.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied

When I see these images, I keep thinking about the roof-tops.... those cup-cake-cream-roofs... they had a special name, anyone remember what it was?

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied

Most wonderful views, Kiki. If you are in a city, then they cannot be bettered, can they?

Leave a comment:

• kiki42
    replied

of all my travels I can say the best hotel view is definitely from my Moscow Thread. The Baltshug Kempinski Hotel

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied

Dear Lady C,

Needless to say, wonderful images and superb in every possible way the word can mean.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

I so agree Tommi…but actually it closes for the winter, starting today 1st November, whereas the Radisson hotel remains open.

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    replied

The Rica Hotel Spitsbergen seems to be a really cozy place. Imagine a snowstorm outside while having a drink in those cozy sofas next to the fireplace.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
    ....I expect an Airport breakfast to be available at 6 a.m.?
    The breakfast in London started at 05:00, but hot options, eggs cooked to order and suchlike was from 06:00
    Last edited by Seagull; October 31st, 2012, 10:43. Reason: ...quoted Ralf's question...

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    replied

The Rica Hotel Spitsbergen seems to be a really cosy place! At which time you took the picture of the breakfast buffet in London, as you say "early hour"?
    I expect an Airport breakfast to be available at 6 a.m.?

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

The main dining room

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    I thought you might like to see a few more photos of the public rooms in the Spitsbergen Hotel.

Reception

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    A photo of the front of the hotel. The building is historic by Svalbard standards and the original part dates from 1947, built for the mining company Store Norske Spitsbergen Kulkompani.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X