Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trondheim Airport Værnes / Hell Airport...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By-the-way: my A380 video from Paris Air Show is now in that thread
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

From Trondheim airport, for Sterkoder:

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Hey, thank you!!!

LN-HAF is an old Piper PA-22-150 Tri-Pacer from 1960.
        The plane originally flew in Sweden, as SE-CSY, and it was J. Hartvigsen & partners who took her to Norway and Snåsa in 1972. Since then, the plane has been owned by "trønders" in Snåsa again, Grong, and Trondheim.
        In 1990 she belonged to A/S HAF in Hafrsfjord, 1992 she moved to Kautokeino in Finnmark and the last owner befor CoA ran out was Mr. Krogstad at Vikhammer in 1997

Comment

A Widerøe flight taking off from Trondheim this past summer:

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

That last photo is WOW . . . and you still occasionally complain that you haven’t mastered panning??????????!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
              That last photo is WOW . . . and you still occasionally complain that you haven’t mastered panning??????????!!!!!!!!!
              Thank you very much Lady C... I'm happy with it, but also, there is something about it which I'm not happy with... just can't figure out what it is... nothing like being too self-critical isn't it?

But thank you... I'd love to become as good as Mr. Photoman in one of his photos from Oslo...

Comment

Widerøe at Trondheim airport:

Comment

Nice picture J-O!!!
                  I see your image was taken in November 2008, and that time LN-WDV had the WF livery. But I also found this interesting image of the DHC-8 Q400 on the internet. Unusual to see the norwegian reg. on a greek livery
                  (Don't ask me why, but it must have something to do with just a ferry flight, as Q400 was a new type for Olympic and the first one came form WF)

Comment

Could it be possible that this aircraft has been leased from Wideroe, and that Wideroe is still the owner maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                      Could it be possible that this aircraft has been leased from Wideroe, and that Wideroe is still the owner maybe?
                      Not sure, but the reg. is now G-ECOE with Olympic...., the exact same reg. it flew when with FlyBe before it came to WF
                      (And since G- is just as non-greek as LN- ....., yes, I belive we are talking about some sort of leasing).

Comment

Got it! What a wealth of information you are...

Here is another one at Værnes, a KLM in Seagull Panoramic View:

Comment

Seeing these made me think....and I may have said it before...I want to fly into Trondheim JUST so I can prove my fundamentalist Christian "friends" right by being able to say "Elizabeth has arrived in Hell".........

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
                            Seeing these made me think....and I may have said it before...I want to fly into Trondheim JUST so I can prove my fundamentalist Christian "friends" right by being able to say "Elizabeth has arrived in Hell".........
                            I should point out though, that the airport's official name is Værnes Trondheim Airport. Hell is actually on the other side of the river floating through the area.

It was suggested a few years ago that the airport should be renamed to Hell Airport though, in order to promote the airport as a destination. Who wouldn't want to fly to Hell... (as in go to Hell)...

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                              It was suggested a few years ago that the airport should be renamed to Hell Airport though, in order to promote the airport as a destination. Who wouldn't want to fly to Hell... (as in go to Hell)...
                              Maybe Elizabeth's fundamentalist friends????

Comment

I like Værnes very much, and I just have to smile everytime I see my former place of operation when I was with the RNoAF, Hangar #5 just under the tail of that KLM Fokker F-100
                                Meny good memories from there...

Great picture, as always, J-O!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X