Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trondheim Airport Værnes / Hell Airport...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The highlight was undoubtedly the first real sighting of an A380 by myself: first, a proof of what I saw:

EDIT: Seems like there is an error in what I saved from the ATC.... I think it was headed for Toronto.

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

A few minutes later, another 777 came above my head:

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Amazing close-ups of these aircraft, pakarang.
        (. . . and also that splendid “skyscape” at the start of post #60 )

By the way, I missed an opportunity to save and show you some air traffic stuff last weekend – I had noticed there were some unusual flight paths – turned out they were Visit Santa trips from the UK heading for Finland!

Comment

Glad you finally got your A380-picture, J-O!

As you suggest in your edit of post #61, the A380 from the Emirates is on its way to Toronto.
          By a slow reaction that can occur in the radar we use, I see you hav the flight info of the Qatar B777 "hanging" to the right....
          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

A spot at Værnes recently (had to act fast to get this image because it was moving fast!):

Comment

This image fram Google Earth, manipulated by me, should have come at the beginning of this thread.
              But anyway...., here it is, and it might give you a better view of the geography in the pictures and commentaries

Trondheim Airport - Vaernes

Comment

Splendid annotation, and very helpful indeed.

Ummmm, wonder what other useful things we can get our Big S to do while he has to rest his knee . . .

Comment

Ummmm, wonder what other useful things we can get our Big S to do while he has to rest his knee . . .
                  Hahahahahaha......, so you guessed.
                  Yeah, had some extra time on my hands, so I thought I could take the time to bring you "back stage" to some of the pictures at CV

Comment

Ooouccch.... one wheel only!
                    100% perfect crosswind landing...., by the book.....

Just posting because I'm starting to miss pictures from this airport again.
                    (Have some rather good winter memories from my time in RNoAF at H5).

While waiting, let me just post a 28 year old picture I took in front of Hangar 2 at Værnes, of a Belgian Air Force AlfaJet

Comment

Great photo Sterkoder!
                      Which makes me think - no need for that embarrassed smiley across on the Christmas Greeting thread – you have been doing your existing cameras proud for years it seems. It’s the person taking the photo that really matters . . . or duck

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                        ....because I'm starting to miss pictures from this airport again......
                        Got it... Will see what I can do in the coming weeks!

Comment

In post #61, J-O finally got his picture of an A380. It was from the Emirates Airways, and today they flew directly over my house on their way from Dubai to Toronto at 36.000 feet.
                          Very bad picture (just came from bed and had to run for my camera), but if you Google the registration A6-EDC, you might have a closer look at the plane

Comment

That is awesome, we have both now finally spotted our first A380's!

Comment

finally spotted our first A380's!
                              Yes, over our homeplaces in Norway...., but this is not MY first A380.
                              Don't you remember my report from Paris in June 2009....?

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                                Don't you remember my report from Paris in June 2009....?
                                Good point... I remember now, and I'm still jealous... but think about it, it would be awesome to join you on an airshow some day in the future...

Comment

Working...
                                X