Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trondheim Airport Værnes / Hell Airport...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see that Hangar 5 still stands and also that grey building behind, where we crew chiefs at the RNoAF Pilot School had our crew-room.
    That room was behind that window closest to that 737 winglet, and was my working place for 9 good months...
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

5 more images from yesterday:

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

3 images of a Scandinavian visitor at Hell...

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
          Great photos from Værnes, pakarang, and I think that creative technique in the above one has worked perfectly for that image.
          Oh, and I know I’ve seen it before, but I must say how much I like the ship outline logo next to the forum and name - especially on an art style image like this one.
          And as for that ****pit close up in #47, I almost feel I’m in there – that is an awesome spotting place you’ve found!

Comment

I've posted some pictures from an airshow at Trondheim Airport further up on this page. From my dive in the archives and scanning this afternoon, here's some more.
            The Piper Grasshopper

DC-3 of Dakota Norway

SAAB 91 Safir from Sweden

Waco bi-plane

USAF A-10

Braathens SAFE Boeing 737 (Oh, how I miss seeing that livery today!)

The airshow had to set some limits to the flying display, as the rainy clouds came lower and lower.

I wrote earlier that it was nice to see Hangar #5 at Værnes again in one of Jan-Olavs pictures.
            Here's Big-S as a RNoAF crew chief with the Safir and Safaris on line in front of H.5 in 1981 (Sorry if I interrupt your thread, J-O)

Comment

I so wish I could hear and feel the sound and power of a DAKOTA some day!

And for the Braathens SAFE original livery: I miss it too... so much.

A bit OT but do you remember what SAFE in Braathens actually means?

Comment

A bit OT but do you remember what SAFE in Braathens actually means?
                When I was a small boy, not knowing much about the airlines, I thought Braathens must've been something of the SAFEst you could fly with.

Then I finally found out that it was short for:
                South-African and Far-East airtransport

The background for that, was that the shipping man and ship owner Ludvig G. Braathen built his own airline to fly parts and ship crews to his own fleet in those part of the world. (Well, at least that is the small part of the trouth...).

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                  When I was a small boy, not knowing much about the airlines, I thought Braathens must've been something of the SAFEst you could fly with.

Then I finally found out that it was short for:
                  South-African and Far-East airtransport

The background for that, was that the shipping man and ship owner Ludvig G. Braathen built his own airline to fly parts and ship crews to his own fleet in those part of the world. (Well, at least that is the small part of the trouth...).
                  Oh... I thought it was South America and Far East...

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                    Oh... I thought it was South America and Far East...
                    Seems like my business is to confuse people these days...

Of course, Jan-Olav...., you are so right. It's only a typo from my side, as I KNOW it's South-American...., belive me. Sorry!!

Comment

Seems like my business is to confuse people these days...

Of course, Jan-Olav...., you are so right. It's only a typo from my side, as I KNOW it's South-American...., belive me. Sorry!!
                      Good, good.... then I won't need to reprogram and reformat my brain. Well, I could have been wrong also... these things has a tendency to come out jarbled occationally...

Comment

At some 35000 feet above Trondheim, an Emirates flight and an Aeroflot flight:

Comment

I think a passenger in the third row is waving.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                            Yes..., it's Abdulla Al-Shawarhi....., but only I knew that of course (hahahahaha)

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                              I was more worried about the flap setting on the tale: it seems as not necessary for that altitude. Naturally, it could be a problem with the autopilot setting since the plane seems to be pulling to the left.

Yes..., it's Abdulla Al-Shawarhi....., but only I knew that of course (hahahahaha)
                              I knew that too, but I didn't dare to reveal MY secret identity! Back at'ya!

Comment

Today, I had much excitement in Trondheim: being able to spot some aircrafts which passed - literally - above the roof of my apartment: the skies was littered with passing aircrafts and their trails.

The two side by side are, leading the race is Qatar Airways Boeing 777 tightly followed by a Boeing 767 from United Airlines (forgot from where they came and where they were heading):

Comment

Working...
                                X