Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trondheim Airport Værnes / Hell Airport...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trondheim Airport Værnes / Hell Airport...

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    I see it has the Reitan Group logo on the tailfin there.
    Ahaaa... I had no idea what that logo was, or whom it belong to. Thanks!
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Do you know why two (2!) PullmannturAir Jumbos met in Trondheim? Was there a passenger exchange of a Royal Caribbean ship in Trondheim that day?
      Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
        Do you know why two (2!) PullmannturAir Jumbos met in Trondheim? Was there a passenger exchange of a Royal Caribbean ship in Trondheim that day?
        The cruise-ship EMPRESS (former Royal Caribbean's Nordic Empress / Empress of the Seas) changed their guests in Trondheim a couple of times (3 times?) this summer.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

It was actually three Jumbos and one Airbus A321 from Iberia together at Værnes three times, first time in May, and the passenger change on board EMPRESS went perfect. There is a picture out with three Jumbos in one frame at Værnes, but I can't find it right now (using my iPhone).
          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I asked because i read that PullmanturAir is owned by RCL and serving the transfers of the passengers to their ships. I could not imagine who else would travel to Trondheim in such large amounts. But this explains something.
            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

The three cruises this year started in Copenhagen and had their turn-around/passenger change in Trondheim. (If I remember correct)

Comment

Pullmantur is visiting Værnes again in 2013, all on Saturdays: 1. June, 29. June, 27. July and 24. August.

Comment

Pullmantur is visiting Værnes again in 2013, all on Saturdays: 1. June, 29. June, 27. July and 24. August.
                  ALL these dates are working dates.... can we have them adjusted to fit my schedule, please?

http://www.t-a.no/nyheter/article7437595.ece

Comment

I will not mix in or say anything about your work...., but it seems to me that you once or twice has been Mr. Nice Guy and taken/switched working hours with others.
                    Maybe you find a captain who can cover for you for the hours needed to experience multiple Jumbojets at Værnes...??? There must be someone out there who can be a helping hand to you too, or...?

Comment

I will not mix in or say anything about your work...., but it seems to me that you once or twice has been Mr. Nice Guy and taken/switched working hours with others.
                      Maybe you find a captain who can cover for you for the hours needed to experience multiple Jumbojets at Værnes...??? There must be someone out there who can be a helping hand to you too, or...?
                      I will investigate but to take a day off costs a whole bunch of money.... I will not only loose salary of the day, but also the "opptjent fritid".... that means, if I take 14 hours off, I will loose salary for a total of 2,74 days!

Comment

Yes, I understand.
                        But if you switch with another captain; you take his hours..., he take yours? No one loose hours/time, but work a different time of the day for a shift.
                        Then again, your shift schedule seems so difficult that this might cause only trouble

Comment

Not really AT Trondheim airport per say: more of a ABOVE Trondheim airport.

Airbus 380 seen in the sky above Trondheim recently:

Comment

Plane spotters near Trondheim airport Værnes (Jan Olav) :
                            A large bird will visit on Sunday 25. January and park on the north side ramp.
                            http://www.adressa.no/nyheter/nordtr...le10572652.ece

Comment

I really intended to go see this AN-124 arrive, but circumstances prevented me from completing that task.

Nevertheless, as the aircraft came low over the town, and I noticed the rumbling noise, and after evaluating whether or not to stop and take out my camera, change lenses, I managed to get this shot as it disappeared from view within the next 1.2 seconds.

I will try to get a better shot as she departs tomorrow.

Comment

Great shot, Captain!
                                Don't know why this visit brought forward so much attention, because this Antonov has been in Norway several times before. Several times at Gardermoen a couple or three times at Værnes, and at least once if not twice at Flesland near Bergen. Funny how media can enlarge a small happening :-) (But if given a chance, I would also like to see it in real life. Don't get me wrong).

Comment

Working...
                                X