Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trondheim Airport Værnes / Hell Airport...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trondheim Airport Værnes / Hell Airport...

Two SAS aircrafts overhead on final approach for Trondheim airport:

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

... and also, two images of an aircraft from Norwegian Air:

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Saturday 19. May 2012, Trondheim became the turn around harbour for the Pullmantur cruiseship "Empress". That ment 1.800 passengers out and 1.800 new ones in. How to bring 1.800 spanish passengers from Spain to Trondheim....? Three Boeing 747-400 (Pullmantur air) and one Airbus A-321 (Iberia).
        I got the first (2:05PM) and second (3:00PM) arrival, but had to leave the 5:00 arrival of the last Boeing behind.

Here's the first Boeing after landing from east on rw27.
        (I'm mostly used to taking pictures of slow moving boats and ships, so to make the following images, I really had to do some work)

These pictures were taken from the spotterplace on the north side of the airport, where some guys had built their own spotter ramp.
        Last edited by Sterkoder; May 19th, 2012, 23:41.
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Also from that place, I took a couple of pictures of the departing A-321

To get the second B-747 from Pullmantur, I drove over to the eastern spotter place, just under the short final of RW27.

The approach lights of RW27 can be seen in the lower right corner

Last edited by Sterkoder; May 21st, 2012, 06:55.

Comment

As I stood there, I also took some pictures of an ordinary SAS B-737

A Norwegian B-737

Then, by the sound and sight, I was brought back to the beginning of the 1980s when RNoAF still had their SAAB 91B-2 Safir as pilot trainers.
            This one, LN-FMU, belongs to Forsvarsmuseet and is operated by Værnes Flyklubb Veteran.

A quite common Cessna 172

And finally, the ATEC Zephyr 2000 LN-YEF

Comment

Fantastic stuff!! Can't be very often you see a 744 at Værnes can it - let alone 3 of them in one day?

Funny, it doesn't seem very long ago when we were first flying in the -400s - I was working a lot in Hong Kong at the time, and you used to get the pilot speech along the lines of 'this remarkable aeroplane weighs roughly 400 tonnes at take-off, so basically that's equivalent to three semi-detached houses taking a mile and a half run up and leaping into the air'. Now at our nearby local airport there are three or four in being scrapped.
              Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Wow Sterkoder! What a start with the head on view and those wings perfectly fitting your favourite “letter-box” format!
                Although I’ve landed and left from Værnes many times, I’m scarcely at all familiar with the immediate surroundings. I’d like to thank you for including the picture of the spotterplace. How ingenious that construction…(and to my eyes very Scandinavian! – always good with woodwork! – and reminding me of those moose-spotter hunting places one comes across in the wild.) So much enthusiasm in those faces and so nice to see the youngsters around too.

Liked the Iberia A-321 wheels retracting in #154/2, the context of the surrounding scene in #154/3, and, in the next photo, the undercarriage detail of the Pullmantur Air 747.
                All this and such a generous offering of bonus photos too!

And, as always with you, so promptly processed and posted. This is definitely NOT something we have in common my friend! (…making it all the more remarkable when I do manage to post photos on the day they were taken, as happened with the National Day celebrations this week!!!! )

Comment

Thanks, Cecilia!
                  I had a great day out and actually meeting forumist 'KAB' at that ramp

The EUR-pallets spotter ramp is situated in image nr. 5 of post #149, to the left of that greenish small concrete building in front of the Thomas Cook Airbus nose. The ramp is behind that K in Cook, I would guess.... 1/3 in from the threshold of RW09, 2/3 from RW27 then.
                  You can also find the ramp in the Spotterguide of trondheimlufthavn.net
                  http://www.trondheimlufthavn.net/Spotterguide.html

They have plans to bring more EUR-pallets out to make it bigger.

Comment

Next visit of EMPRESS in Trondheim and a turn-around operation will be at the 2nd June.
                    (But then I'll bet "some" of the plane spotters will not be at Værnes airport)

To those who don't know why;
                    I suspect them being at Ørland Main Air Station for the NATO Tiger Airshow 2012

The Coastal Express is operating a HSC for the day, between Trondheim and Brekstad: http://tigerairshow.com/en/?p=187

Observe: For the departures marked red, you must purchase your tickets via internet.
                    Last edited by Sterkoder; May 21st, 2012, 07:30.

Comment

Great pictures Svein
                      I was there too, but away from all the others spotters. I didn't find them before I was finished with the day I went to Hell for my final take-off before I went back to Trondheim
                      View more photo's at my Flickr photostream blog

Comment

I had myself a weekend trip to Trondheim to see the 747 @ TRD
                        I also had the chance to meet Jan-Olav at the ferry after it all was finished

The arrival of the first Pullmantur - EC-KSM

Pullmantur Air - EC-KSM - B747-400 by Tom McNikon, on Flickr

The arrival of the second Pullmantur - EC-KXN

Pullmantur Air - EC KXN - B747-400 by Tom McNikon, on Flickr

The arrival of the third Pullmantur - EC-KQC

Pullmantur Air - EC KQC - B747-400 by Tom McNikon, on Flickr

Pullmantur Air - EC KQC - B747-400 by Tom McNikon, on Flickr

Comment

The first one is leaving and the last one has just arrived

...and then they leave

This one is taken from Hell

Pullmantur Air - EC KXN - B747-400 by Tom McNikon, on Flickr

Comment

The Iberia was the fist to arrive with passengers from Spain

Iberia - EC-JMR - A321-200 by Tom McNikon, on Flickr

Comment

Delighted your much-anticipated trip proved so successful, Tom. ALL your photos are fantastic (of course !!!!!)…but #161/2 is in a class of its own.

Comment

Superb, nothing less!!
                                But where did you stand when the first one landed?? Were you invited inside Værnes Garnison??
                                Looks like you were better positioned than us down at the ramp.
                                Other than that I'm quite familiar as to where you were positioned, as I lived for almost a year inside that base in the early 1980's.
                                Last edited by Sterkoder; May 22nd, 2012, 15:06.

Comment

Working...
                                X