Paris Air Show 2009

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paris Air Show 2009

What I have used parts of my saturday to do....?

I've ordered myself a birthdaypresent I will not see more than once in my lifetime...., I suspect....

My birthday is thursday 18th June and on that day I leave Kristiansund to visit Paris Air Show 2009, which also is the 100 year jubileum for the PAS!!!!

I feel my Visa-card is kind of melting, but since this is a once in a lifetime experience, I figured: "Well Svein..., you only live once!!"

So, expect some images here at CV in late June or early July

YE-HAAAAAA...., I'M GOING TO PARIS!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Sterkoder; May 29th, 2013, 23:23.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

How wonderful.... now, that is an event worth well spending some time at!

Not jealous at all ( ) since I know you will bring back home a ton of images of all kinds of aircrafts both on the ground and in the air...
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Yay Sterkoder!! I can't wait to see those. Second only to ocean liners, aircraft are my big passion, followed by motorcycles.... but that's another strange story for a different time!
      Last edited by SaintsFCFan; February 21st, 2009, 19:04.
      Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

That’s a brilliant choice of birthday present Sterkoder!
        It’s so exciting when one of us on CV has some special thing planned and we can all look forward to it.

Comment

I am so jealous! Buy an extra camera and 10 memory cards. Take pictures of everything.

Honestly if I cannot go I am glad it is you. I know you will get exactly the pictures I want to see.

Comment

Way to go!!! How exciting! These will be memories to last a lifetime--and we will get to share the goodies!!!!

Comment

I know you will get exactly the pictures I want to see.
              Puh...., I already feel the weight of expectations on my shoulders....

Frankly, I don't know how we can cover all without running through the area. You need one hole day to see what you want of the air show and some of the outside static display. Then you need another day to do the rest of the outside before going into the inside areas. THEN...., there are the famous Musée de l'air et de l'espace (Museum of Aviation and Space). It might be a sweaty visit to France....

EDIT: So now I guess our admin has until the 21st June 2009 to make it possible to post more than 4 images in one post....
              Last edited by Sterkoder; February 23rd, 2009, 00:56.

Comment

followed by motorcycles.... but that's another strange story for a different time!
                Sorry I didn't react to this until tonight, but is there any possibility that you might have some nice MC-pictures in your possession then....??

Maybe pictures of really nice old UK bikes and by any chanse pictures from the great Isle of Man TT Race (or the Isle of Man TT Festival as they like to call it now)....???

I don't have a lisence to drive a motorcycle, I don't have any pictures myself, but I most certainly turn my head after a great looking MC...., and that should rather be an old classic one...
                Last edited by Sterkoder; April 18th, 2009, 23:00.

Comment

Finally, the day has come!!!

Bringing this thread up to keep it "hot", and to tell you all that come tomorrow morning (18th June), I will sit down in seat 11A aboard SAS flight 2304 from Kvernberget to Gardermoen/Oslo at 9:15AM.

11A will also be my comfort on SAS flight 837 from Oslo to Charles De Gaulle, and I'm sure this will be both Christmas Eve and Constitution Day at once for me this tour de Paris...

I have fully charged batteries plus spare to my camera and almost 2 GB on the camera memorystick, so come sometimes next week, CV will be loaded with pictures from PAS 2009!
                  Last edited by Sterkoder; June 18th, 2009, 00:46.

Comment

I have a feeling that this is going to be one of your best birthdays ever!
                    Have a great time there, and I think we are all looking forward to seeing the evidence soon!
                    Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Of anyone going, I know you will get the pictures I want to see.

Do not forget to have fun.

Thank you for taking one for the team/forum.

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STERKODER!!!!!!!!!

Svein- I hope you have the most FABULOUS birthday!!!! Many happy returns of the 18th of June to you, friend!!!!!

Comment

This is exxxxiiiittttiiiinnnggg....
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I'm back home, after a weekend to remember for life!!! (The airshow that is....)

40% of a 2GB memorycard, a full 1GB card, a full 256MB card, a full 156MB card should give me some 2.000 pix. to dig into.

I'm sure you all understand when I say: please, give me some time....

If you can't wait, please visit http://www.paris-air-show.com where you'll find day by day pictures and plenty of videos from the show.

Click on the botton marked Le Bourget LIVE

Hope there are not to many french members here who'll get offended, but I wonder where the hospitable frenchmen were when we visited Paris??
                            I have never experienced a group of people that didn't want tourists that much, and their reluctant to speak english was on the border to a joke...
                            Other than that I wanted to visit the Eiffel tower, Champs-Elysses and such known places in Paris, I'm almost positiv I will never visit France again.
                            Last edited by Sterkoder; June 23rd, 2009, 01:19.

Comment

Sterkoder--maybe it wasn't the French so much as Parisians???

and TAKE your time!! If you look, I just got through blogging about my trip, and that was two months ago!! I haven't even gotten through sorting special ship photos for you and Dane!!!

2000 photos sounds like you were shooting Pakarang-style!!!

So delighted you had a fabulous trip..... and looking forward to hearing all about it when you get sorted!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X