Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seagull
    replied
    #111/1 and /3 appeal to me a LOT ...and Mr Eagle too!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Saw SK953 from Copenhagen to San Francisco over my head again today. This time the SAS Airbus A-340 had the Norwegian register LN-RKG

At the same time, at a lower altitude with unknown destination..., Mr. Eagle

And then came a smaller plane from SAS, a Boeing 737 from Oslo, here over the mountain Meekknoken on Averøy, just before joining final to runway 07

On final to rw07 Kvernberget

1.100 meters from my terrace

300 meters from the runway

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    I have no clue as to where and when the left trend started, but we have airports near Kristiansund that has right-hand patterns as standard: Molde when departing 07 (east) and Trondheim when departing 27 (west). Interesting question though, maybe someone find out and could tell :-) Other than that, I don't know why the Piper was sent on a right-hand pattern, because there were no conflict with the departing helio. He could've asked for it though, as a variation and right-hand pattern training (as the world appear a tiny fraction different when landing from right base in the left seat).

Leave a comment:

• pilotdane
    replied
    I am trying to remember if I have ever done a right hand pattern??? They exist but I don't know if I've ever done one. Everything seems to turn left; airport traffic patterns, race tracks, skating rinks... I wonder how that all got started?

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Our local Piper Archer II reg. LN-NPO performed night flying this Monday afternoon.
    We have left-hand patterns at Kvernberget, but when a helicopter got cleared to take off with a left turn, the Piper is sent on a right-hand pattern towards right downwind RW07.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Today I saw a distant contrail, before it disappeared in the low clouds over the city.
    It was OY-KBA again...., on its way from Copenhagen to San Francisco, as it was 2 days ago...., in the images above.

As we had clouds and rainshowers here today. I drove to the airport to see what created the unusual (for Kvernberget) sound, twice in a row, landing whil I was still in my bed.
    As my ears told me, there was no Dash-8s from Widerøes, but two Beechcraft B200 King Airs from Bergen Air Transport, often used in charter for oil companies during holidays like this.

LN-TWL

And here you see how perspective change when kneeling down. Makes an image more interesting, if I might put it that way...

I came home with one b/w today too

Together with LN-TWL, Bergen Air Transport also used their B200 King Air LN-BAA today

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Not exactly at the airport, but spot on right over it...., SAS SK935 from Copenhagen to San Francisco passed with an Airbus A340-313X reg. OY-KBA at 31.975 feet with a speed of 484 knots.
    As I took the picture from straight under it, they have flown 1 hor and 25 minutes. They have a long 9 hours and 45 minutes left (at 14:00 local Norwegian time).

This is the view when I sat in my living room enjoying a cup of coffee

So I grabbed my camera and used the terrace fence as support

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Yes, I know...., and I usually use the 2 seconds delay on night shots, but what about when I use Bulb?? Then you get a shake/vibration when closeing the shutter with your finger when you don't have a remote....

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    commented on 's reply
    In lack of a remote control you can also use the self-timer function.

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Me too Jan-Olav.
    I use aperture priority, ISO100 and F8.0, antivibration off. What I need is more experience and to find out how I can get greater pictures with a longer exposure time.
    I have Bulb function, but need a remote control.
    We'll see...., training, training, training....

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Great job Sterkoder. Love especially the second one.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Pleased or not...., I made 28 images, these two was spared in doubt. The 26 others were deleted.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, night photography AND aircraft! Exciting combination!
    (Well, you know, I can’t help myself wondering if you were pleased with them ...and yes I like them a lot )

• Sterkoder
    replied
    ISO3200 f5,6 hand-held aperture priority

ISO100 f8,0 tri-pod aperture priority

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    This Gulfstream G-IV is pictured at Kristiansund airport Sunday 6. October. The registration belong to a company operating the airplane for DeLonghi Company...., whatever they were doing in Kristiansund :-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X