Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seagull
    commented on 's reply
    Exciting planes and excellent photos which I felt also showed the airport runways in the context of the rural surroundings ...AND nice weather

• Sterkoder
    replied
    A Russian oligark who's been on a holiday on board luxuary yacht ELDEN in Kristiansund area for a few weeks now, is belived to end his holiday and head home today (or at least I personally belive that's why two businessjets registered at Isle of Man visited Kvernberget).

Gulfstream Aerospace G550 Gulfstream reg. M-UGIC

The s***est machine I've ever seen at Kvernberget airport, Bombardier BD-100-1A10 Challenger 300 reg. M-CLAB

To get the two together in one frame, I had to climb into the bush, so to speak. I wanted the two people there to move a bit..., but hey..., when working in airport security, no one tell'em anything! :-(
    Anyway, here's the picture WITH the two 'linselus' (as we call'em in Norwegian)

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Rainy day in Kristiansund today, at the arrival of the Dash from Bergen at noon anyway :-)

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Thanks! Saved for future reference!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    ....and for you my friend, and others who might not want to wait for a guided tour...., I've made a map for your convenience :-)

NOTE: RV70 is a road name, Riksvei 70, and so can be found on your roadmaps for easier orientation :-)

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Oh, but I will...., a day it suits us both :-) It will be my pleasure you know....

A short comment: the pictures would've been a bit more of the "action" type, had there been aircraft around.
    But you know, your camera has to be tuned to perfection for the first airliner, because once that has departed..., it's several hours before the next.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    You HAVE to show me that place some day, Sterkoder!

I want to see that place too!

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    replied
    There's a nice mood in those pictures. Great that you also provided some pictures of the surroundings, it's really interesting to see how the airfield kind of is located in the nature.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    Ok..., hope you enjoyed yet another walk with me. Tried to make it as chronological and informative as possible :-)
    I very much enjoyed the walk, and seeing all the changes in this fascinating terrain around the airport as it develops. The “man” and “nature” combination makes for some compelling photo motifs.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Part of the ILS landing system at Kvernberget airport

And finally..., a beam of sunlight struck the north wall of the mountain at island Tustna north-east of Kristiansund

Ok..., hope you enjoyed yet another walk with me. Tried to make it as chronological and informative as possible :-)

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Low approach inbound runway 25, yeeehaaaaa!!! Well, I'm used to the view when approach to land from about 100 feet higher :-)

I was too late for the position I wanted, so this is the best I could do with Widerøes flight WF577 soon to take off for Bergen

Turning around at rw25, seconds away from full throttle...

Many nice motifs around here

At the horizon we see Grip lighthouse

And FEED BALSFJORD sailing north in the ship lane outside Kristiansund

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    The Antonov is an impressive aircraft when viewed up close. The slight downward slant will not raise due to increased lift. For some reason, aerodynamically I guess, it is designed like that. The rest of the wing is as stiff and straight as that of a Hercules.

Now, this evening 1. May 2014 I drove to a place I've never been with my Pentax (or any other camera for that matter) before.
    Since they filled 2,5 million cubicmeters of stones and lengthened the runway eastward, there came new possibilities to walk in the terrain around the airport on the east side.

The spottermobile is rather small against that stone filling

Looking west from that new spotterplace. Kvernberget hill in the background :-)

All buildings at the airport. These will be demolished and new larger facilities will be built 100 meters to the north (due to safety regulations). The red "barn" with open doors is the local aeroclubs hangar.

Nice looking sunset

New landinglights in the eastern part

I placed myself on the highest heap and it all looked like this. Kvernberget ATC tower cabin to the left (they could not build it higher due to the same safety regulations that make them move the terminal and other buildings further north), then the top part of the drilltower of drilling vessel WEST NAVIGATOR moored at Vestbase and top of mountain Bremsneshatten

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    WAOW... that Antonov image is superb, I mean the aircraft is awesome looking.

I can also see the bend of the wings... or shall I say the downward slant of the wings (?)... I presume they will lift once the aircraft is airborn (?)

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Arrived from Bergen with WF572 to Kristiansund today, and at the stand to the left of us, an old Antonov An-12 was parked. I asked a security-guy if I could walk out of line to take these pictures, which as you can see was ok for him. Not until I edited my images, I notoced the 1. officer of the WF DHC-8 waved goodbye :-) Guess I'll say thanks for the ride back to him then..., thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    And..., there's even a seagull in the last picture :-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X