Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Just for the record, #168/2 is handheld at 450mm, #168/8 is on tri-pod at 450 and then cropped.
    I have no idea when it is the best time for such photos, but I would guess a crisp, clear and dry winter day would do? I have seen such shots much sharper, so I know it's possible :-)

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Wonderful those two aircrafts at cruising.... those are truly hard shots to make. I have tried soooo maaaannnyyyy times, even with a 1200mm lens.

They always turn out just like this.... all that moist air between camera and aircraft does it's work really well in making it hard to get a sharp focus.

I wonder, are these kinds of shots easier in summertime or wintertime, or does it not matter?

I would love to get great shots like these... but have tried so many times, and failed.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    And today, AirItaly with EI-FNW was back on Kvernberget airport.
    Yesterday, I got my new 150-450mm lense, so I drove out to test this huge apparatus
    ​​​​​​IMG_4789 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Etihad Airways Boeing 777-3XF(ER) reg. A6-ETG passing over my head at 34.000 feet from Abu Dhabi to Chicago
    ​​​​​​IMGP0394 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

CHC Helikopter Servise Sikorsky S-92 taking off
    ​​​​​​IMG_4791 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

AirItaly Boeing 737-86N reg. EI-FNW made ready for a flight to Tirana, Albania. (This is in fact an ex. Norwegian machine, as the experts say)
    ​​​​​​IMGP0410 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

IMGP0435 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
    ​​​​​​IMGP0437 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Kvernberget ATC
    ​​​​​​IMGP0427 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Not specially proud of this one, and as it's taken at 450mm, it is also slightly cropped. But if one think positive, it's almost possible to see the A6-ETG registration
    ​​​​​​IMGP0393 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Wonderful, Sterkoder. As you perhaps guess, SAS is currently my favourite airline.

From what I have come to learn, their environmental profile, their ethics and their visions are well within my own thoughts of what a perfect company is.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    SAS Boeing 737-76N ready for Oslo/Gardermoen Friday morning and AirItaly Boeing 737-86N ready for Tirana and Trieste

​​​​​​IMGP0327 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0333 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0337 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    I like it - worth the trip!

The lights in the background looks like twinkling stars... there is a slight "Christmas"-feeling to that image!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    We think alike when it comes to large military cargo planes :-)

Drove up to the airport tonight, but soon found out I'd better drive to Mellemverftet in Vågen. Only one from Kvernberget tonight.
    ​​​​​​IMGP0292 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Love the Hercules (and the Globemaster).... the sound of these aircrafts are like music in the ears of people with an interest in aircrafts. Like me.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    A RNoAF C-130 Hercules on short final for RW07 at Kvernberget yesterday.
    ​​​​​​IMGP0187 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP0189 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    When i have something like this , i think of what it cost to repair, and when the whatever it is, is further okay, do i get a new one for the price of repair.
    If not and i'm still happy with the old one i let it repair.
    If correct a new camera.is 35.000krone ,which would be about 3660euro.
    Pff a lot of money.
    When repair is 1000euro and the camera is further okay, i had made my chose.
    Specialy i don't sell any image,so i can't make money with it.

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    Well, I've had some problems with the lense K-mount for a while also. It might not be that I want to spend any money on an expensive repair.
    I guess it's about time I step up a notch and go for the K-1 II full-frame. But with a 28-105mm lense, it would set me back almost NOK 35.000,- or maybe more.

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    Maybe send it back for a repair.
    And hope it can be repaired for a few krone.
    Lets hope on a wonder

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Thank you

These are some of the last pictures from my Pentax, because last Saturday, while walking the streets of Trondheim in the worst rain I have experienced for a long time, the K-5 II died.

I've tried to give it new life by placing it on the heated bathroom floor and on top of an electric radiator, but no...., I guess it will not come to life again.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Very nice images Sterkoder. Strange nobody has already recognised these images, because they are superb.

That Air Italy aircraft certainly has a really long and interesting history behind:

https://www.planespotters.net/airfra...Italy/6RkQhnR5

It has even served in Malaysia Airlines at some point.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Bombardier Dash-8 Q400 LN-WDH taxi out to take-off as flight WF571 to Bergen/Flesland today
    ​​​​​​SSL27126 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Bombardier Dash-8 Q200 LN-WSA taxi out to take-off as flight WF555 to Trondheim/Værnes
    ​​​​​​SSL27136 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

WF555 climbing out of Kvernberget
    ​​​​​​SSL27140 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Westland Mk.43B Sea King from 330 sqn. RNoAF at Ørland Main Air Station, made a fuel stop before flying homeSSL27139 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

CHC Helicopter Service LN-OQA Sikorsky Aircraft S-92B taxi out as flight HKS404 for oilrig Heidrun one hour offshore
    ​​​​​​SSL27147 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

The Sea King first flew 7th May 1969 and Westland Helicopters at Yeovilton produced it up until 1995. The type entered service in Norway in 1973, where the Justice Dept. own 12 helicopters operated by RNoAF 330 squadron. The bases were originally Bodø, Banak, Ørland and Sola, but one was operated out of Rygge from 1999 and one from Florø since 2009.
    To replace the Sea King in 2020, we will have the Augusta-Westland AW101 Merlin.
    ​​​​​​SSL27153 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

Working...
X