Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Today we've had more or less of a fighter meet here at Kvernberget, with numerous F-16 Fighting Falcon's and a handful of F-15 Strike Eagle's.
    I heared that a foreign squadron (possibly USAF) visited RNoAF 338 sqn. at Ørland and that the RNoAF pilots flew around with the USAF ones to make them familiarize with the norwegian airspace.
    Did not get pictures though, because I was at work....

But, this afternoon, we also had a Bombardier BD-100 business jet reg. N448AS here at Kvernberget. They continued to Ålesund at 5:00 PM as flight UNI123.
    Don't know who used the plane or what it/they did here...., but the plane is owned by Wells Fargo Bank Northwest in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Here's a picture I took a few hours back of the model 2004 aircraft

BAe Jetstream 31 from the swedish Direktflyg. They are charted on a regular basis to fly StatoilHydro employees between Kristiansund and Trondheim

Photos: ©S. Ludvigsen

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Flying is so expencive here in Norway that my flying goes one year at a time..., or rather two, as that is how long a PPL is valid when you're between 40 and 50 years old.
    Before each renewal, I'm going "shall - shall not". If I knew then (when I started flying) what I know now...., I would've educated myself to fly around in microplanes or a not too expencive homebuilt.

Then again, flying is in my blood, I'm newly elected leader in our local aeroclub and above all I've used so much money over the years that I belive I will have my PPL as long as I possibly can.

16th May I went flying on my own for the first time since August 2008. I'm more sure than ever: flying is like cycling; you never forget!
    Fortunately!!

Leave a comment:

• pilotdane
    replied
    Sterkoder I am glad to hear you are still flying. I have not really flow since I sold my plane. I am getting tired of riding in the back of commercial planes.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    This Antonov An-26B visited Kvernberget today. It came from Paris with two brand new engines to one of the Aerospatiale SuperPumas of CHC Helicopter and brought two old ones with it back when it took off

And after I landed and taxied to my hangar, 330 sqn. with callsign "Savior 40" came in and made a hot refuel before flying on...

A hot refuel means the airport firedept. has to be ready in one of their trucks in front of the helicopter

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Kvernberg: Airport in Kristiansund
    Klevberg (Or as it also say on maps Kleberg): Farm in Geiranger (as you know)

Google Kristiansund and Geiranger, pour yourself a good cup of coffee, enjoy and look forward to your vacation...
    Last edited by Sterkoder; April 12th, 2009, 18:42.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Would Kevenberg be close to Klevberg???? I know, not even close!

Great shots, Sven.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    I don't know the exact diameter of the propeller, but here's the story behind the rectangular windows, which is on both sides. In addition, on starboard side there's also the passenger door to the cabin.

Quote from SHFs web-pages:

The Scandinavian Historic Flight A-26B, N-167B "Sugarland Express", was built in 1944 as a trainer version with dual controls. It served with the U.S. Air Force as a trainer and never saw combat. After its military career it was converted to a "monarch 26" fast executive transport. This involved fitting a new rear wing spar to accommodate a cabin. It still has this interior, but on the outside it is restored to the looks of the U.S. 9th Air Force in WWII in Europe. The aircraft was acquired by SHF in 1986, and after a major restoration involving, among other things, extensive work to give the aircraft its military looks back, it was flown across the Atlantic to Norway in 1988. Since then, the lnvader has flown in many airshows all over Europe and serves as a fast crew transport for SHF.

Leave a comment:

• pilotdane
    replied
    Many had been converted for executive transport before purpose built executive aircraft came into existance.

At airshows I always look at the propellers. How long, how wide and their pitch. It gives you a good idea how much power the engine produces. When you think about it 2'000 horsepower has to go somewhere. Half goes into beating the air into submission and the other half makes a wonderfull sound.
    Last edited by pilotdane; April 11th, 2009, 02:26.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Am I totally geeky, but I notice two things in those images:

1) Is there a long rectangular window in the second shot?

2) The propeller blades looks quite long, I guess the blades would be close to 2 meters?

... and naturally, I notice the (much) young(er) Sterkoder!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Don't remember if this is posted before, (in the old forum), but I found these pictures tonight that I took at Kvernberget in 1992.
    It's an A-26 Invader from the Scandinavian Historic Flight that visited us when we arranged our 2nd airshow here...

And of course, as an airshow staff in charge of the static parking area, I got to come close...

All: ©S. Ludvigsen
    Last edited by Sterkoder; April 10th, 2009, 00:55.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Love the colors of the Eastern Airlines aircraft: nice balance in the livery!

Great photos as well, off course!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    30 seconds after taking pictures of that Hercules above here, it slammed the tail in the asphalt at Kvernberget Airport and is at present time grounded due to structural damage....
    A buddy of mine took a series of pictures of the landing and those pictures raised hell in the RNoAF, because the Hercules crew had taken off again after the tailstrike and flown further on....

Well, enough about that. Here's todays catch at Kvernberget, a SAAB 2000 from the english company Eastern Airways

All pictures: ©S. Ludvigsen

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Originally posted by pakarang View Post
    I bet that one gave off a fantastic roar!
    In fact...., nope. A Beech 200 roars more...., and if you didn't see that Husky (radio callsign for the 335 sqn. RNoAF Hercules), you couldn't tell it was there....

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    I bet that one gave off a fantastic roar!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    The RNoAF new C-130J Hercules #5601 'Frigg' visited Kr-sund today. Longer body and more up to date than the older C-130H from the late 60's.
    (This picture is actually taken from my work, directly under the short final runway 07).

Last edited by Sterkoder; March 7th, 2009, 01:40.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X