Clear All

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Re: Kristiansund Airport - Kvernberget

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Went out in the rainy and foggy weather with my camera today, but there were no boats or ships interesting enough to spend time on.
    On my way home, I drove up to the airport, and there was an Airbus A-319 from Croatia Airlines ready to depart, together with a SAS Boeing 737, a CHC Helicopters Sikorsky S-92, a locally owned Cirrus S20 (owned by a lawyer, hence the registration LN-LAW), and a Cessna 180 Skywagon registered N6TK owned by a Thomas Kane in Mc Alpin, Florida, USA (according to my info).

Now that all info is given in the text above, I'll just post my images in a row

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    replied

Wonderful planes and a little bit frightening story about these pilots and their risky business.
    It has a special touch, when a son follows the same traces as the deadly hurt father.
    Like Gilles and Jacques Villeneuve in Formula 1.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

To bring memories back from 1985, for me, I just found a cople of images from our airshow at Kristiansund airport on the 5. August of that year.
    We see Pierre Holländers Pitts in the middle, flanked by a North American T-6 Texan (Harvard) to the left (right in real life) and a SAAB MFI-15 Safari trainer of the RNoAF Pilot School.

Pierre taxi out to take-off for a training run

PHOTOS: Odd Engvig/Fotograf Engvig

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

On his way to the huge airshow in Bodø this coming week-end, Jackob Holländer landed on Kristiansund airport this afternoon to refuel.

The plane is a GRUMMAN G-164A Super Ag-Cat and is used for wingwalking and nightflight pyrotechnics.
    It has a P&W 9-cyl. R-985-14B of 450 HP. This, together with a Hamilton Standard propeller makes a sound a grown man can cry for.
    The plane is built in 1973 and modified for wingwalking in 1992.

Jacob is a son of the legendary swedish acro-pilot Pierre Holländer, who tragically died in a plane crash in England several years ago.
    Pierre visited Kristiansund for a weekend in August 1985, when we in the local aeroclub had our very first airshow.
    Pierre did a stunning performance in his then new Pitts S-2 Special, which I still remember with great pleasure.

This combo makes a perfect sound!

The grey shadows in the upper left and right cornes is in fact the metal fence. Couldn't help it...

He looks so much like his dad. Jackob was 11 years back in 1985...

To know more about this Ag-Cat, the teams Pitts Python, wingwalking and pyro show, cliock into their homepage: http://www.airshow.se/
    Last edited by Sterkoder; June 13th, 2012, 21:35.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

LN-NOA a Hawker Beechcraft 200 from Sundt Air doing Navaid Flight Inspection for Avinor. Today it was Kvernberget airport, and this picture was taken out and upward from my open car door as the aircraft did a climbing left turn over the Kristiansund harbour (NOTE: Yes, I was parked)

Leave a comment:

• pilotdane
    replied

I don't know why I like the Dash 8 so much but I have always wanted to take one of the engine nacelles, stick on some short wings and make a little airplane to go fast.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Widerøes DHC-8 LN-WFS landing at KB rw07 at 6:40 16. May
    Picture taken from my office

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

One of Widerøes DHC-8 machines, landing at Kristiansund airport around 6:35 AM Thursday morning

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

For the third time in a short while, AeroVis Airlines Ltd. visit Kvernberget airport with an old Antonov An-12BP. Don't know if it's the same aircraft, but today it was reg. UR-CFB.
    Parked at stand 5, front headed east, it was rather impossible to get a good picture. But anyway, here are three with the great mountains at Tustna as backdrop.
    (The red hangar under the Antonovs left wing, is the hangar belonging to Møre Flyklubb. A privately owned Cirrus aircraft can be seen outside.

I'm not sure with this particular aircraft, but usually most of the civil russian cargoplanes was formely operated by the russian armed forces.
    You can see the rounded remains of the rear end gun turret under the vertical rudder. The windows for the rear gunner are plugged.
    Last edited by Sterkoder; May 4th, 2012, 20:10.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Last posting was in November 2010, and that's just too long ago.
    Today me and a colleague worked on the very east side of Vestbase, just below the short final of runway 07 at Kvernberget.
    I brought my camera along, well aware that I had never taken many pictures of moveing objects before.
    But I'm fairly satisfied with the result, and here's a Hawker Beechcraft B-200King Air LN-LTK of the Norwegian Air Ambulance operated by Lufttransport about to land early Thursday morning

Later, at around a quarter past eleven, one of Widerøes Dash-8-300s LN-WFS came in from Bergen

In between those two, a Super Puma helicopter from CHC Helicopters flew over our heads
    Last edited by Sterkoder; April 19th, 2012, 20:25.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Haha...., can understand that about the chickens

You know, the main wingbar of the F-27, and in fact F-50, was/is so stiff that it can be rather unpleasant to fly with them in heavy turbulence.

Leave a comment:

• ombugge
    replied
    There are still a number of the F-50s flying in this region. They are used by Bangkok Air on the Kho Samui run, by MAS in Sabah and Sarawak and by Pelangi in Indonesia, just to mention the ones I have flown with fairly recently.

In the 1970s the F-27 was used on what was know as the "Borneo Milk Run", starting in Kuching and taking in Sibu, Bintulu, Miri, Labuan, Kota Kinabalu and on to Sandakan, Laut Daud and Tawau on the East coats of Sabah.

On one flight it go a little bumpy and a couple of cartons containing live 7 day old chicks fell out of the cargo rack, which was forward and at the same deck as the passenger cabin. The young Stewardess grabbed a serving tray and tried to round up the chick, without too much success. She never got more than two on the tray at any one time. Hilarious sight and good memory from a time long gone.

F-27s were also flying on Vigra in the 1960s, I remember.
    Last edited by ombugge; November 3rd, 2010, 15:02.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    that normally had about a dozen passengers
    Very important info you come up with here, 'Nichu'

SAS, and regional SAS Management in Molde wanted us in Kristiansund to belive that there almost was none flying between Kristiansund-Trondheim and vv.
    The regional SAS Management in Molde has always wanted the worst for Kvernberget, but after SAS ended their KSU-TRM operation, they kept on flying between Molde-Trondheim and vv, and Statoil had to charter a 20-seater to operate between KSU-TRM.

Your info, added up with "civilian" passengers, show us that this stretch is lifeworthy and that is exactly what Widerøe sees.
    They've started up the Kristiansund-Trondheim and vv stretch again....

One thing I can agree with those SAS-people in, is that it might be an overkill to use a 50-seater Fokker F-50.

So..., then you are familiar with Kvernberget and the narrow space in the helio terminal then.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    About seven years ago, I had the pleasure of flying regularly with these aircraft.
    Trondheim-Værnes to Kvernberget vv, with Norwegian Air Shuttle on charter to Statoil.

A very comfortable plane, at least on these flights, that normally had about a dozen passengers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X