X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Re: Kristiansund Airport - Kvernberget

Deleted due to it being a double post...
    Last edited by Sterkoder; July 14th, 2013, 21:20.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Oh, I know what you mean Ralf! Been to Crete a few times, staying in Platanias. But of course we also visited Chania, the harbour there, the back streets and market hall. Very charming indeed!
    This time I didn't feel like going, so they went with other women/female colleagues and their children.
    In such a setting I would've been the fifth wheel on the wagon anyway, so...

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    replied

Oh, i love the old town centre of Chania! For sure one of the most beautiful places on the island of Crete! Tell my best regards to them, they must spend an evening at the old harbour! For dinner, i recommend a restaurant in one of the back streets, without view on the water, the quality and prices are much better there. They should visit the market hall and the many shops between market hall and the old harbour are THE place to find souvenirs. I spend as couple of nights there in a simple backpacker hotel years ago. Our breakfast terrace had free view over the harbour - wonderful!

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied

Altogether wonderful images Svein... Firstly to say I wish your girls a super holiday. So good to be able to follow their flights isn’t it.
    The way my mind works, I’d feel if I were heading for a holiday in the sun this would be the perfect start. Leaving behind some of the blue skies I’ve seen in some of your Kristiansund photos recently –and we’ve even had a heat-wave in Edinburgh – might somehow have seemed annoying!

The other perfect thing is that this cloudy grey has proved to be perfect for your photography.
    There have been some great aviation images on the forum recently, but I have a feeling I’ll be returning to enjoy and admire these ones often.

Edit: ...and there's more! Sorry Svein, my post crossed with you continuation ...my slow typing!

Edit#2 ...oh magic! ...the order of the posts sorted itself out after all!
    Last edited by Seagull; July 13th, 2013, 11:12.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Long time since I did some planespotting, so I took more than a couple this time

Particularly like this image. The aircraft looks so 'swept back' and made for speed

As I understand, 'kinesis' means motion or change in Aristotelian philosophy

Cropped hard, but I felt like that was the only option for this photo

As I end this post, my two girl are at 35.000 feet flying 456 knots overhead Kungsbacka on the Swedish west coast

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Today saw rain, drizzle and low clouds in Kristiansund.
    A perfect day to board a plane bound for Chania, Crete.

The thing is, I'm not on board that plane, but my two girls are
    Drove my better half and my daughter to the airport for the 10:00AM flight to a more sunny and warm part of our world.

Needless to say, I will keep an eye out for Aegean Airlines flight AEE4443 today...., and the return flight AEE4442 next Saturday as they will land back on Kvernberget around 09:00AM.

Anyway, here are my pictures of Aegean Airlines Airbus A320-232 reg. SX-DVI as it land on the airport before taking on board passengers in hunger for sun and heat.

Breaking out of clouds on final for runway 25 at Kvernberget. The propeller aircraft showing its rear end is a British Aerospace BAe ATP-F from West Air Sweden flying for Posten Norge (Norwegian Mail Service)

Just touched down going full reverse thrust on the engines

A320 is a beautiful plane

The aviation world Pakarang view
    Last edited by Sterkoder; July 13th, 2013, 11:06.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
    Earlier yesterday, another Dash-8 from Widerøe landed from west. The short approach is directly ower where I work
    Fjord1 Widerøe.....

Bet the "svele" on board is nice!

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Earlier yesterday, another Dash-8 from Widerøe landed from west. The short approach is directly ower where I work

And from that same position I could watch a RNoAF Lockheed Hercules land.
    I thought they trained on shooting approaches, but they most likely came with equipment for the Exercise Gemini, as the police commandoes use three or four specially desigend Chervrolets

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Beautiful mountains at island Tustna east of Kristiansund in the background.
    (Fly straight ahead in that direction (slightly more east, to the right in the picture) for an hour in a Piper Cherokee, and you'll end up in Trondheim. Just to explain the geography if anyone ever wonder)
    Last edited by Sterkoder; May 29th, 2013, 07:16.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Been a long time since I've visited the airport now. Yesterday was about time.

An Embraer from BMI Regional. Left around 22:15 yesterday evening.

I enjoy parts of trees in my frame, and I managed to find a nice spot at the airport also.
    The Embraer together with a Bombardier Dash-8 Q-400 from Widerøe

Take-off time for the Q-400

The RNoAF wraps up and go home after Exercise Gemini

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Thanks, Tommi!
    When I bought my Tamron 18-200 a year back, my camera salesman said it was a perfect lense at that price, and that I would be very satisfied with it.
    Yes, I was satisfied, but discovered that it gave out of focus edges and a bit of 'vignettering' in the corners. VERY IRRITATING!
    Now I see the difference.
    A camera (no matter what brand) needs its original brand lenses!

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    replied

Nice work, and I'm glad to hear about your new lens too.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Yepp, the new spotterplace worked out quite well.

These are a few of the very first taken with my new lense, Pentax 18-135mm, and I'm so happy there seem to be no out of focus areas as was the case with my old Tamron 18-200.
    The new lense also lighten my work when preparing my images for upload to CVF and other places; almost no need for editing, only cropping and resize

A Boeing 737 from SAS taxi out to the end of the runway for a take-off towards Oslo airport Gardermoen
    (As we see, the PAPI lights are all red, due to the fact that I'm much lower than the glide slope)

Turning into the wind at the end of RW07

As we see from the snow and ice particles, take-off power is set and about 20.000 lb. of thrust push the plane forward

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Wonder if this could be a new spotter place near Kristiansund airport...? We see over to the end of RW07 where planes turn to take off toward east, we see the ATC tower and the all red PAPI lights (barely visible over that car to the left)

How PAPI works (PAPI: Presition Approach Path Indicator)

In the "old days" they used VASI (Visual Approach Slope Indicator), which is the same system, but had three red/white lights in one row, then in a new row some meters further down the runway there were another three red/white lights.
    When one came in for landing and had the closest row wight and the other row red, one was on glidepath.
    The way to remember what the VASI lightsignals ment, was:
    When all is red, you're dead (too low)
    Read over white, you're all right (on glidepath)
    When all is white, you'll fly all night (too high)
    Last edited by Sterkoder; February 24th, 2013, 22:24.

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied

Thanks, Tommi!
    I felt like playing around with the image I posted in the helicopter thread from todays visit at the airport, and here's a more cropped version in b/w.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X