Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endless thread ::: Aviation Photographs..

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sterkoder
    started a topic Endless thread ::: Aviation Photographs..

Endless thread ::: Aviation Photographs..

We used the sunday afternoon to drive around in the district.
    Among places visited were Molde Airport (), and this is the result of that:

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    Ask former Prime Minister and Minister of Environment Gro Harlem Brundtland.
    Before her and Arbeiderpartiets idea about "motorisert ferdsel i utmark" (I have no idea how to translate) and them wanting to make a law against that in the early 1980s, there were several seaplanes both in lakes inland and along the coast.
    Then it became prohibited to use seaplanes and other engine driven vehicles in the nature, in fact, one could use an ATV or scooter from time to time, but not a plane on a lake (which of those make more destruction to nature?).
    It's not against the law to use a seaplane, but the areas to use them are so limited, that the cost become too much to have a seaplane through the year (if one can't offer charter and such to all areas in the country).
    Sorry if I write poor English and make lousy sentences here, but this makes me kind of upset, and I would much rather try to explain in Norwegian..., but I hope you get my point ;-)

• pakarang
    replied
    LN-HAV is a beauty!

I find it strange that we don't have more seaplanes in Norway, like for example Alaska. May I ask you, why do you think we have so little seaplanes in Norway?

Leave a comment:

• Sterkoder
    replied
    Nice addition, J-O!
    Although this is not the real old LH livery, I like this semi-old one much better than the black new and modern livery of LH. But that's me.

Anywho, here's a plane I spotted at Fagernes during my camper van tour. This belong to Valdres Aero Club and is used for both travel and education.
    LN-HAV is a PA-18A-150 Super Cub made by the New Piper Aircraft, Inc
    ​​​​​​IMGP3592 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP3594 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP3597 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP3600 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Additionally, I will share a German with all of you as well: Lufthansa Airbus 320-200 with registration number D-AIUZ delivered in April 2017... a year before this image was taken at ARN:

2018_05_04-EOS5D-Arlanda-Airport-IMG_5716 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_05_04-EOS5D-Arlanda-Airport-IMG_5718 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

2018_05_04-EOS5D-Arlanda-Airport-IMG_5721 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    A flying Dutchman, or a Boeing 737-800 of KLM (PH-BXF), this one was delivered back in June 2000.... as seen at Stockholm Arlanda Airport in May last year (2018):

2018_05_04-EOS5D-Arlanda-Airport-IMG_5838 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Another spot from the same day, was of this Airbus of Swiss Air: HB-IOL, and Airbus 321-100 of Swiss Air, first delivered back in December 1999.... with other words, a well aged aircraft.

2017_01_17 Stockholm - Arlanda-IMG_2571 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Here is a "spot" from what I consider as one of my favourite airports around the world: Stockholm Arlanda Airport.

This is a Boeing 737-800 SunExpress on behalf of EuroWings... registration D-ASXC, at the time of the photograph, this aircraft was just about 6 months old.

2017_01_17 Stockholm - Arlanda-IMG_2569 by Captain Jan-Olav Storli, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Here is a link to a page with awesome images from the ANTONOV 225... well worth a look for those that finds this aircaft even remotely interesting:

http://gelio.livejournal.com/193025.html
    An-225 Mriya (which is referred to Dream from Ukrainian) is the heaviest airlift cargo aircraft ever taken off in the sky. The maximum takeoff weight makes 640 tons. An-225 was designed, due to the necessity to create the air transport system for the Soviet reusable Space Shuttle Buran. This is…

Leave a comment:

• yvneac
    replied
    Amazingly,in Costigliole d'Asti, in the middle of the vineyards you can see this monument in the memory of Italian aviators.

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    commented on 's reply
    This is the Wikipedia Statement:

Perhaps unique among prewar aircraft, the DC-3 is in daily use. There are still small operators with DC-3s in revenue service and as cargo aircraft. The common saying among aviation buffs and pilots is that "the only replacement for a DC-3 is another DC-3". The aircraft's legendary ruggedness is enshrined in the lighthearted description of the DC-3 as "a collection of parts flying in loose formation." Its ability to take off and land on grass or dirt runways makes it popular in developing countries, where runways are not always paved.

Current uses of the DC-3 include aerial spraying, freight transport, passenger service, military transport, missionary flying, skydiver shuttling and sightseeing.

The very large number of civil and military operators of the DC-3/C-47s and related types, means that a listing of all the airlines, air forces and other current operators is impractical. As of 2012, DC-3 #10 is still used daily for flights in Colombia.Buffalo Airways, based in Canada's Northwest Territories, operates a scheduled DC-3 passenger service between its main base in Yellowknife and Hay River, plus some passenger charter operations, using DC-3s. Some DC-3s are also used by the airline for cargo operations.

The oldest surviving DST is N133D, the sixth Douglas Sleeper Transport built in 1936. This aircraft was delivered to American Airlines on July 12, 1936 as NC16005. The aircraft is at Shell Creek Airport, Punta Gorda, Florida, where it is undergoing restoration. The aircraft will be restored back to Douglas Sleeper Transport standards, and full airworthiness.

The oldest DC-3 still flying is the original American Airlines Flagship Detroit (c/n 1920, #34 off the Santa Monica production line), which can be seen at airshows around the United States and is owned and operated by the nonprofit Flagship Detroit Foundation.

The base price of a new DC-3 in 1936 was around $60–80,000, and by 1960, used examples were available for $75,000.

A 1943 DC-3 was installed as a major design element atop architectural renovations at The Roasterie in Kansas City, Missouri.

The Basler BT-67 is a conversion of the DC-3/C-47. Basler refurbishes C-47s and DC-3s at Oshkosh, Wisconsin, fitting them with Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-67R turboprop engines, lengthening the fuselage by 40 in (100 cm) with a fuselage plug ahead of the wing and strengthening the airframe in selected areas.

One of their customers is the German Alfred-Wegener-Institute for Polar- and Sea-Research, they use two BT-67 (Polar-5/Polar-6) in Polar Rersearch, because the DC-3 is one of the few of this size, which is able and approved to have a combined Ski- and Wheel landing gear.

• ombugge
    commented on 's reply
    I didn't know that Finnair was still flying DC-3.
    By the way, here is a 1952 built DC-3 for sale, if there should be any takers: http://www.platinumfighters.com/#!super-dc-3/c1yt

One question; How many DC-3s are there still in certified condition?? (The above is supposed to be the last with full Pax cert.)

I don't know if all these are flying, but it is an impressive gallery of DC-3s: http://airlinersgallery.smugmug.com/...Douglas%20DC3/

• Tommi
    replied

A Finnair DC-3 (?) came along on a quite low altitude.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    - and finally, Aeroflot:

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Singapore Airlines:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X