Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endless thread ::: Aviation Photographs..

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Endless thread ::: Aviation Photographs..

To contrast the BA and LAN planes with "One World" livery', here is a SIA one with "Star Alliance" all over it:

The fight of the alliances goes on.

Comment

Various planes of Air Nuigini seen at Jackson Airport, Port Moresby:

I know that this is a Boeing 767-300 because I just came with one from Singapore and took this picture from another one on the way home, flying nearly the whole time over Indonesia during the 6.5 hrs. flight.

Comment

Somebody else may like to give details on the rest:

Last edited by ombugge; June 23rd, 2011, 12:12.

Comment

Comment

And an AirlinesPNG plane:

Comment

Armed Forces Day in Edinburgh

I have posted some photos of yesterday’s parade for Armed Forces Day in Edinburgh in the Scotland thread. But there were other happenings which I felt I just had to post here in Aviation Interest!

These are from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, when a Lancaster, Spitfire and Hurricane flew over Holyrood Park, where I had walked up to a good vantage point.

Comment

There was also a flypast by the Red Arrows.

Comment

Comment

Comment

The thunder of jets is impressive but still nothing beats the sound of WWII era planes. I can imagine what it sounded like in southern England as a thousand big radial engines flew overhead. A sound that will never be heard again.

Comment

love the red arrows, they take part in our air displays here in Jersey. i managed to meet the red arrow team in Scotland when they were in their eighth year,and autographs from Flight Lieutenant Dave Binnie and Pete Day. I wonder where they are now.

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

BA CONCORD my pride and joy at being able to photo such an icon

concord at heathrow october 1999 ( from my photo album )

leaving the plane at Cairo, sand all around the airport

my souvenir brochure photos

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

My Concord photos in 1999 were with an old camera, not as good as the one i have now.

in 1999 i was allowed up front to see the pilot,

recording mach 2 and height

recording the temp

certificate of flight signed by the Captain

little spoon on the left is from flight ( my spoon on right to show how small )

Comment

WOW Kiki…you’re a Red Arrows groupie!!!!!! How cool is that….

But it pales into insignificance as I scrolled down and up came your Concorde photos and memorabilia. Just how fortunate were you!
                              If ever there was reason to say “thanks for sharing” this is it…and I think it is entirely appropriate to air a little used smiley on behalf of probably everyone who sees this thread:-

Comment

hi Cecelia, i have looked through my memories box !!!! and found my Red Arrows souvenir , dont know the date , could be the 70s or 80 s, need to work out what year was their eighth year.

Comment

Working...
                                X