Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endless thread ::: Aviation Photographs..

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Lady C is delighted with it!!!!!!!!! Something just so totally satisfying about that angle of viewing the plane, and the panorama format and framing. (And CPH is my favourite airport too. )

Comment

Awesome spot from GE of an US aircraft holding (pre-scrapping) facility:

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I have never seen a straight down photograph. Have you counted the aircraft? I think I see a bunch of B-52's a line of B-1 or maybe F-111...

How much fun would it be to spend a day wandering among all those aircraft.
        Last edited by pilotdane; March 13th, 2010, 02:20.

Comment

You are so right. And in addition to those, there are Delta Daggers, C-130s, P-3 Orions, F-14 Tomcats, C-5 Galaxys, C-141s, Canberras, and many, many more.
          This HAS to be Davis-Monthan Air Force Base in Arizona, or am I that far off....?
          If so, this is the The 309th Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Group (309 AMARG)

Link: http://www.dm.af.mil/units/amarc.asp
          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Asimut
            SAS SK 4418 from Oslo passed over me at 15:45 while I was out on the balcony and landed at 15:47 on Langnes Airport this afternoon.
            Not a good picture, but I put it out anyway.

Sometimes I wish I lived at the end of a runway...

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

It is very fun to camp at the airport during the Sun-N-Fun or Oshkosh fly-ins. Living right there on the airport where you can see and hear everything that is happening. Most fun is they day before and the day the show starts when many of the airplanes arrive. There is always something to see.

Comment

This is an absolutely stunning image: from a Thai photographer:

Comment

Nice report, Bengt!
                  So..., how about that Dash-8 from Widerøe there...., did it fly through the ash cloud...?

And that picture from the thai photographer via Pakarang:

How do they do it...!!!???!!????

When I sit by the window on a plane flying through the most busy airspace over Europa, there are other planes crisscrossing above and below when I sit there ready with my camera.
                  I have tried to catch a plane for I don't know how many times, but it is impossible!!

Comment

As far as I know, Arm32 is a pilot at Thai Airways... that probably explains a bit...

Strange seeing that all-white Norwegian Air aircraft in Tromsø... almost looks like it's .. ehhh... naked..

Comment

As far as I know, Arm32 is a pilot at Thai Airways... that probably explains a bit...
                      I was on the edge of writing that this kind of pictures take some sort of arrangement, or that this was taken by a pilot who then naturally knows (via radiocom) that a plane is coming up from behind or from wherever, and he can prepare himself and his camera to the maximum.
                      That is certainly not the case back there in the cabin...

I know of, and have seen, many great images of this kind before (air-to-air photpgraphy), and most of them are taken by either a captain or first officer up front.
                      I belive the coolest images of that kind are the ones taken via the "eyebrow" windows in aircraft that has those wher the object is flying directly overhead from the camera

Example: A Korean Airlines B-747 overtaking another plane on their way to JFK. This is taken via the eyebrow vindows...
                      Last edited by Sterkoder; April 16th, 2010, 22:03.

Comment

I wanna be a photo interested pilot too!

Comment

Kota Kinabalu Airport, Sabah, East Malaysia

A bit of a climb down from the stunning pictures taken by pilots and Asimut's snow covered mountains and airport.

This is some pics taken through a not too clean aircraft window as we taxied out from Kota Kinabalu Airport.

A couple of Tails logos not seen very often in Europe. Royal Brunei and Slikair:

I think Royal Brunei fly to London (LHR), however. (The Sultans has a residence there. )

This one definitely doesn't fly to Europe. MASWINGS:

They fly the Borneo "milk-run" and local flights in Sarawak and Sabah, including to Long House settlements in the interior, with Dash 7, Twin Otter and Helicopters.

A quick lesson in Bahasa Malayu:

If there isn't a suitable word available, just change the spelling a little and use the English word.

Comment

MASKargo must be a subsidiary of Malaysian Airlines no doubt...

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                              MASKargo must be a subsidiary of Malaysian Airlines no doubt...
                              As is MASWings................. (that should do)

Comment

Seaplane over Bergen harbour. Someone said it landed in the harbour but I never saw it.

SAS- LN-RNN. First signs I saw of passenger carrying aircraft.

Air Berlin (rather blurred)

Comment

Working...
                                X