Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unknown Vessel, anyone know?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    I saw the "Chusan" mentioned earlier in this thread. That reminds me that she called at Ålesund 6.8.1966, and I took this picture of her in the late evening:
    ---
    Regards, photo and copyright: Sigve.

    Regards; Sigve.
    ---
    IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

    Comment


      #62
      Varangberg, registered in Kirkenes.

      I have received a request for information and images of a ship which sailed under the name VARANGBERG and which was registered in Kirkenes (Norway).

      The person who requests this information sailed on her in 1965.

      I have found some information about a ship with the same name, but not in the year he sailed on her.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

      Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

      Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

      Comment


        #63
        I must say that your picture from Ålesund is very good with the equipment of that time!
        Do you by any chanse have more such pictures with old ships in your archives??
        "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

        Comment


          #64
          I spotted two old UT 704 AHTS at Eastern Anchorage yesterday, both in Tidwater colours, but too far away to seen the names. (One on either side of the white Cable Ship):

          I know that Tidewater built some UT 704s at the Sterkoder yard in the early 1980s. These two may or may not be among those, as Tidewater has got hold of several UT 704s from other sources over the years, some of those also built at Sterkoder Yard. I know because some years back I "met myself in the door" when I requested to see a Bollard Pull Certificate on one of them. It was issued when new and signed by me at Sterkoder Yard way back in 1982-3 or something.

          Here is something for detective Sterkoder to look into; How many of the Sterkoder built UT 704s are still in operation and how many of those are under Tidewater management?

          Comment


            #65
            Right now I'm at work and far away from my "info-base"
            I will find out, but as I recall now, Sterkoder built 4 UT407 for Tidewater:
            "Majestic Tide", "Mighty Tide", "Master Tide" and "Brute Tide".

            Sorry to say, right now, I can't tell you which is still in service and certainly not if one of them or more are still in service with Tidewater.

            Will look into it tonight, if you don't come back before me
            "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

            Comment


              #66
              Following infos can be found on the net about Varangberg:

              http://www.tvucl.info/tvu/arkiv/log/...gen_3_2003.pdf

              See here page 32. Maybe these pictures can help?

              Also she is listed in the Marine Causalities 1970 (see page 49). Here you can see her callsign: JXQA

              http://www.ssb.no/histstat/nos/nos_a472.pdf

              I found also two pictures:

              Varangberg:



              Apparently her sister ship: Varangmalm:



              Is that the ship, your person is looking for?
              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

              Comment


                #67
                Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                Following infos can be found on the net about Varangberg:

                http://www.tvucl.info/tvu/arkiv/log/...gen_3_2003.pdf

                See here page 32. Maybe these pictures can help?

                Also she is listed in the Marine Causalities 1970 (see page 49). Here you can see her callsign: JXQA

                http://www.ssb.no/histstat/nos/nos_a472.pdf

                I found also two pictures:

                Varangberg:



                Apparently her sister ship: Varangmalm:



                Is that the ship, your person is looking for?
                Thank you so much Ralf, I will pass the information onwards!
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

                Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

                Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

                Comment


                  #68
                  Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                  Right now I'm at work and far away from my "info-base"
                  I will find out, but as I recall now, Sterkoder built 4 UT407 for Tidewater:
                  "Majestic Tide", "Mighty Tide", "Master Tide" and "Brute Tide".

                  Sorry to say, right now, I can't tell you which is still in service and certainly not if one of them or more are still in service with Tidewater.

                  Will look into it tonight, if you don't come back before me
                  UT704 built by Sterkoder, status today as far as I know:

                  "Majestic Tide" is still in service, with Tidewater Hulls Ltd.
                  "Mighty Tide" is still in service, with Tidewater Marine Intl Inc-Sng.
                  "Master Tide" is still in service, with Tidewater Marine Intl Inc-Sng.
                  "Brute Tide" is still in service, with Tidewater Hulls Ltd.
                  "OSA Vigilant" (ex. "Active Queen" ) is still in service, with Tidewater Marine Australia
                  "Cosl 671" (ex. "Atlantic Blåna" ) is still in service, with China Oilfield Services Ltd.
                  "Cosl 672" (ex. "Atlantic Vest" ) is still in service, with China Oilfield Services Ltd.
                  "Lutoga" (ex. "Lyutoga" ) is still in service, with Caspian Sea Oil Fleet

                  Can't come up with other UT704s built by Sterkoder, as I belive this was the lot
                  "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                    UT704 built by Sterkoder, status today as far as I know:

                    "Majestic Tide" is still in service, with Tidewater Hulls Ltd.
                    "Mighty Tide" is still in service, with Tidewater Marine Intl Inc-Sng.
                    "Master Tide" is still in service, with Tidewater Marine Intl Inc-Sng.
                    "Brute Tide" is still in service, with Tidewater Hulls Ltd.
                    "OSA Vigilant" (ex. "Active Queen" ) is still in service, with Tidewater Marine Australia
                    "Cosl 671" (ex. "Atlantic Blåna" ) is still in service, with China Oilfield Services Ltd.
                    "Cosl 672" (ex. "Atlantic Vest" ) is still in service, with China Oilfield Services Ltd.
                    "Lutoga" (ex. "Lyutoga" ) is still in service, with Caspian Sea Oil Fleet

                    Can't come up with other UT704s built by Sterkoder, as I believe this was the lot
                    Thank you very much for that detective work.
                    I think there are a few more Sterkoder built UT 704s. I attended sea trails on at least one, which I think was called Balder Grip, originally built for Balder Invest.
                    Or was that from some other yard in Kr.sund N.?

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Been through the complete list of Ulstein UT704s but could not find any more UT704 built by Sterkoder (then of course I could be wrong).
                      "Balder Grip" was yardnr. 96 delivered to KS AS Balder Supply II ( Parley Augustsson ), Oslo together with yard nr. 97 "Balder Vigra".

                      There are 19 other Balder's in the row of UT704s, but none of them built by Sterkoder.
                      Last edited by Sterkoder; February 17th, 2010, 13:36.
                      "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                        Been through the complete list of Ulstein UT704s but could not find any more UT704 built by Sterkoder (then of course I could be wrong).
                        "Balder Grip" was yardnr. 96 delivered to KS AS Balder Supply II ( Parley Augustsson ), Oslo together with yard nr. 97 "Balder Vigra".

                        There are 19 other Balder's in the row of UT704s, but none of them built by Sterkoder.
                        But Balder Grip and Balder Vigra were built by Sterkoder, right???

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Yes, yardnrs. 96 and 97
                          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                            Yes, yardnrs. 96 and 97
                            Do you know their present status and whereabouts??

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                              Do you know their present status and whereabouts??
                              "Balder Vigra" is "Highland Pioneer" today. She's listed as a pipe carrier/layer and owned by Gulfmark Offshore with UK flag.

                              As of right now I have no info on "Balder Grip". I find Haugesund Verft mentioned in connection with building this vessel, so I have to dive deeper into this one.
                              "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                                "Balder Vigra" is "Highland Pioneer" today. She's listed as a pipe carrier/layer and owned by Gulfmark Offshore with UK flag.
                                Highland Pioneer is not a UT 704 but a UT 706 design (PSV), built at Sterkoder in 1983 I believe? (Can't remember original name)

                                As of right now I have no info on "Balder Grip". I find Haugesund Verft mentioned in connection with building this vessel, so I have to dive deeper into this one.
                                As far as I can recall this one was built, or at least outfitted, at Sterkoder around the same time. Could she now be the "Invincible Tide"? (Popularly known as the "Invisible Tide")

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X