ex-Salten, Gamle Salten

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ex-Salten, Gamle Salten

Interesting advertising-picture on the wall from those days it was still legal to advertise for this kind of products (Blue Masters)

Down to the cabin-deck, and the very narrow corridors

Double cabin

Single cabin

Look at the beautiful woodwork in this cabin

Handwash and table can be the same thing with a little fantasy

Comment

Up again to the shelterdeck outside

And the 1.class dining-room

At the open upper deck there is now built a plastic-roof (not very decorative) to host partys and other kind of dining.

Comment

It was time to leave the ship. But the group I was driving sailed out for a few hours short cruise.

And about midnight, the group was back again to the harbour of Bodø, in a beautiful midnight-sunshine

Comment

Oh my!!!!…what a treat is this Martin!
          I hadn’t really any preconceptions about how she would look inside, other than perhaps homely, warm and welcoming, but the reality is so much more so….and I would never have imagined that lovely stair carpet!

Clever of you to think to include the deck plan!

I love the warm wood tones of the front lounge…AND to me that radio somehow feels like it is itself the lounge in miniature…not only the wood but even the colours of the dial match the lounge’s curtains perfectly!!

And that painting of the ship and the wave

Comment

A great thank's to you HMartin for sharing these pictures.
            Last december during the call at Bodo I saw this ship docked in the city center and I thought she looked like a old Hurtigruten vessel.So I went nearer to the quay and I met a man parked there.Nicely he explained me what was ms Salten her story and her present activity.Furthermore he told me a lot about the harbour of Bodo.It was a nice moment in my Xmast trip.
            Then thank you again for your report.
            Enjoy your wonderful summer light.

Comment

Wow Martin. This made my day. She is so cosy, it is such an "at-home" feeling when seeing these interior pictures. Thank you for this visit!!
              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

My visit onboard "Gamle Salten" also included a nice chat with a jazz-musician who was going to have some concert-performances in Bodø last week-end.

There were a lot of events going on in Bodø last weekend, so his only chance to get a hotel-room was onboard Gamle Salten.

He ws in "Heaven" when I chatted with him, because his hotelroom-night also included a 4 hours sailing-cruise in a beautiful summer night.

As a coinicident I met this guy again 2 days later at the airport. And he told me that this little mini-cruise and his extraordenary hotel-room had inspired him to compose brand new phrases and improvisations to his concerts.

I am telleing you all this, just as a reminder to Ralf, Yves, Cecilia and all others of you, that it is possible to book hotel-rooms on Gamle Salten in an inspiring old maritime environment, if you are going to stay a night or 2 in Bodø.

Comment

This is marked in thick red letters in my brain, Martin!!!
                  Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post

A congress of CV's members on Gamle Salten....It could be great.

Comment

Thanks for my very first look on board the Gamle Salten... never seen her from the insides before!
                      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                        Originally posted by yvneac View Post
                        A congress of CV's members on Gamle Salten....It could be great.
                        If I ever plan to return to Bodø to stay over, and am thinking Gamle Salten, I will be SURE to shout it out on CVF in case anyone could be around at the same time and make it a little CVF congress.

Comment

How about one of her planned bike-and-sail cruises this summer...?

That sounds like a lot of fun.. think there was 2 or 3 departures annocuned... (this year).
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Now those were really interesting pictures, Martin. Great that you managed to cover almost all pubic spaces of the ship during that short time onboard. Many thanks for sharing.

Comment

Some might have noticed taht me and my family are on a "road trip" up north, and this Monday evening we arrived in Bodø.
                              Up until now I've posted all my pictures in the 'places with no thread'-thread, be it boats, ships, houses, sculptures or what not.
                              Now I find it not natural to post in example HSC-pictures in such a thread, so I think I will continue to post in those threads which has its own...., to put it in a difficult way.

Anyway, after checking in at the hotel, I grabbed my camera to take some pictures of "Gamle Salten"..., what a beauty

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                                .... grabbed my camera to take some pictures of "Gamle Salten"..., what a beauty....
                                Ah what a sight indeed Sterkoder! Her star seems brighter than ever. Great views of her from along the quays. But that curve of the windows image…what can I say but simply masterful

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                                How about one of her planned bike-and-sail cruises this summer...? That sounds like a lot of fun....
                                I somehow seem to have missed seeing this post pakarang …yes that does sound fun…well they say one never forgets how to ride a bike don’t they! (seems a lifetime…no make that IS a lifetime ago since I was cycling around Cambridge daily!)

Comment

Working...
                                X