Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ex-USS PCE833, ex-HMS Kilham, ex-Sognefjord, ex-Orion, ex-Orion II, ex-Corona, Orient Explorer /+ sisters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm afraid there is no reply from Tracy as yet.
    I don't know if the rumors of a potential sale is real or just that, a rumor!!
    If she is offered it is probably through a Yacht Broker, and I'm not monitoring them.

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
      OOOPs, it may be my fault...
      Sorry to get you thinking that, Ombugge. The slowing down in posting is as much my fault or anyone else's. I was referring to how the site has been affected by Orion Boy's removal of his pictures and links and also by the news of the ship's potential sale and uncertain future, as well as my own issues.

I remain extremely grateful for your starting the thread in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Cobb View Post
        Sorry to get you thinking that, Ombugge. The slowing down in posting is as much my fault or anyone else's. I was referring to how the site has been affected by Orion Boy's removal of his pictures and links and also by the news of the ship's potential sale and uncertain future, as well as my own issues.

I remain extremely grateful for your starting the thread in the first place.
        I hadn't noticed that Orionboy had actually removed all his pictures from this forum, which makes this a much less interesting and comprehensive record of the Orient Explorer, ex Sognefjord and her sister vessels.

I tried to send a PM to Orionboy some months ago, to no avail. It is a pity that some ill conceived words (and wrongly so, I might add) about what had been done to the vessel in Finland, should upset him to such a degree.

If anybody has his contact details, please ask him to reconsider, as his absents has reduced the value of this thread considerably.

I have refuted the accusations in this forum and have also tried to contact Eliham to ask her to apologize to Orionboy for whatever she may have stated, in this and other forums, which is manifestly wrong and deeply hurting to Orionboy. No reply.

It is a pity if this, probably the best record of this ship's history, shall be diminished by such action from one person. A person that claim great love for the ship, but little understanding for the needs to upgrade to be able to operate in today's market and regulatory reality.

If this vessel had been drastically altered, or "destroyed", during her time in Finland, how do we explain that I found a lot of things still there from her time as Sognefjord when visiting last year?
        Painting over the FSF logo on the bow doesn't constitute "destruction", it is still there.

Comment

I, too, sent Orionboy a pm, but no avail. Could Jan Olav make any difference? What was a rich thread has certainly been diminished. Orionboy had said his aim was to produce a book or record of the ship - wonder if this is still his aim?

Comment

It always saddens me when someone disappears from us, and orionboy was a highly treasured member with all his very unique images from the story of this ship.

It is sad that the image now no longer is a part of this thread: especially if it is because of some misplaced comment from someone else.

I have tried sending orionboy an e-mail but it bounces back so I do not know how to further contact him.

When it comes to the ship, there are quite a few people who have contacted me the past few weeks for more details. These are people who wishes to bring her back to Norway again, and which might be the right kind of people who can follow through with such a project.

I might have seen it further above, but where exactly is the ship now located, and does anyone know the asking price for the ship?

Who is the owner of the vessel at the moment?
            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I have tried to contact Tracy, Sensi Borneo for an update, but no reply. (See #313-316)
              I also asked about whether the ships is for sale and at what price.

I may make a phone call soon.

Comment

Looking forward to hear what you can find out: I know there are some pretty seriously interested prospective buyers in here right now.
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by orionboy View Post
                  removed personal photos.

Last edited by orionboy; 07-31-2010 at 06:21 AM. Reason: because eliham
                  This is post #166 by Orionboy 30.08.2009 and edited 31.07.2010.
                  It is a shame that he felt compelled to withdraw all his pictures from this thread because of one person's ill conceived comments.
                  Looks like that person has also vanished from CVF (Last activity 08.07.2010) and not interested in replying to PMs.
                  Anybody who have contact with eliham, or see her on other forums?? (PS> I just assume it is a female behind that nick?)

Comment

When reading article in foreign langiages, it is best to use an ordinary dictionary to trandslate them. Using Googles "trandslating tool" is not so wise, I have tested it out on articles in English and other languages I understand. It`s MUCH better to use a good old dictionary, belive me..!
                    One of the largest news papers here in Norway; Verdens Gang (VG has every friday something they call (in Norwegian): Ukens morsomste skilt. In English that will become "this weeks funniest sign boards", and much of the fun there is that they are written in what we call "Google-english"..! Some of the signs has text in both english and "Norwegian", where they obviously has used Google to "trandslate" it..
                    Also when reading Norwegian articles or forums you should get a Norwegian- English dictionary, or else it can be a totally wrong trandslation, or misunderstand the meaning of the text.

Maybe many now will use e-mail or the telephone instead, then they can share their meanings safely..
                    And I know people has been in touch with the owners directly, guess that is interesting for both. The last written news I have found is that she i sold, info from other places also gives indications on that.
                    Many Dutch tourists come to this area every year, now we and them have even more in common..!

I know there has been visitors from Norway on board there all since she left the country, both when she went in regular service in Finland and later when she came to Malaysia. So people here has kept an eye on her all the time, both previous crew members and others..
                    Last edited by Eliham; January 23rd, 2011, 11:22.

Comment

I see that eliham is back on this forum, although I don't entirely understand what all this ranting about "tandslating tool" versus the merit of good old fashion dictionaries, and some weekend fun in a Norwegian newspaper, has to do with anything in this thread??
                      Does she want to say that Orionboy doesn't understand Norwegian, or English, well enough, thus misunderstood her posts on this and other forums???
                      If so, I would suggest that a direct and open dialogue would be better than talking in riddles.

Personally, I understand both Norwegian and English perfectly well, although my written Norwegian is not too good, and would be willing to translate, or even mediate between the two parties, to get this dispute cleared away.

I haven't had time to make contact with Sensi Borneo, but that last sentence seams to imply that there are somebody in her circles who have been in direct contact with the Owner of Orient Explorer already, which is good news. It would be even better news if we could be partial to what is the outcome of such contact.
                      Last edited by ombugge; January 22nd, 2011, 13:36.

Comment

I'd certainly be interested to hear any news on the progress of a sale and the ship's future. Was Eliham 'cajoled' into returning through the pm system or of her own free will? It's a real pity that Orionboy cannot be persuaded in a like manner!

Come baaaaaaaaaaaaack, OB!!!!

Comment

Whiles searching for more info on Orient Explorer's fate, I came across Tracy Kalvin's facebook page. After some digging I found out that she also maintains this well known to us site.

I sent her a message about the OE and hereby her reply:

Hi pim,
                          We are still operating/owning her, but she is now on the market. You are more than welcome to use the pictures from the picassa page.
                          She is the most amazing ship, as you know. If you are ever in Kota Kinabalu, give me a shout and we will visit her.
                          What is your website? I would love to check it out, there are several more amazing photos of her in her earlier days on a site called captains voyage - there is one section of 'old ships'. Her previous owners/crew have some stories and chats about her. I think you'll enjoy that.
                          Take care Pim!
                          Kind regards,
                          Tracy
                          I had to laugh about her remark about captains voyage.....

I'll try to find out where she is listed for sale etc. and be back.

Pim
                          Last edited by ThePimster; March 31st, 2011, 19:00.

Comment

Good news to hear she is still being used, Pim. Even if she is sold, it will only be another chapter in her long history - so long as it isn't for scrapping.

Comment

Hello to all friends here at the forum!

After "cooling down" for a one year i decided to come back, i hope everything goes better this time. I hope that OE finds good home. Later i can add more pics etc. stuff here again.

Kindly regards: OB

Comment

Oh orionboy I am so pleased, so very very delighted and happy to see you back with us.

(and that is an absolutely beautiful picture of Orion ....)

Comment

Working...
                                X