X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAAKON Vll memorabilia

Made something of a find today - a cruise booklet for the SY Haakon Vll from Newcastle to the Fjords, Trondheim and back to Newcastle in 1911.

Beautiful photos in pristine condition and a postcard of Loevand. Plus a black riband with the Norden-Fjeldske SS Co emblazoned with the NDFS flag.
    Looks like something worn around an officer's cap, as in the Navy, but I don't know.

As soon as our printer-scanner stops playing up (?) I will try to scan the pics into the thread.

Nari

Look forward to seeing that!! Shame that Newcastle has lost its traditional routine link to the West Coast over recent years - although of course the cruise market is still hugely active.
    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.
      Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

Hoping the scanner (in a three-in-one printer) will start behaving soon.....

Nari

Comment

Tried to submit five photos and it turned out as gobbledygook! The photos were scanned into our photo managing ACDC program and when I tried to upload from there....no go.
          Will try again later.
          Nari

Comment

Nari, I don't know what the ACDC programme is, but if it is on your HD then you won't be able to upload direct to the forum. The software couldn't take the masses of images we upload. Photos you want to show on CVF have to be hosted on somewhere like Flickr, Photobucket or Picture Push, etc. then the BBCode copied from there to your post here. I can help you with Flickr as I use it myself, the others I use only occasionally, but other members will help you with them.
            Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Thanks, ivy, I did not know that. Will think again about how to go about it.

Nari

Comment

It is possible to upload pictures direct from ACDSee via ftp to a web-server or to flickr, smugmug or zenfolio, so you later can link them from your post, but that's not the most straight forward solution to recommend.

Comment

With Flickr, Tommi, it couldn't be simpler.
                  I have Flickr open on the upload page, plus my folder on the hard drive containing what I want to upload. Then I simply slide the image from one to the other, add tags etc, as I wish, click upload, a few seconds and there is my photo on my Photostream, permanently. Then to post it here on CVF I click the photostream image to bring up the enlargement, pick up the BBCode and paste it here. Click Post and it appears. Job done.
                  I think Picturepush and Photobucket are much the same. I use the latter on rare occasions although I don't always get it right!
                  Ivy

Comment

• Tommi
                    Tommi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, but it is also possible to upload pictures striaght from ACDSee to flickr, but that requires some settings to be made first.

Ah, I don't need to make any settings. Straight from my HD to Flickr.
                  Ivy

Comment

• Tommi
                    Tommi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, that's the way I normally do too. I thought that I would mention the possibility to upload from ACDSee since naripalmer was having some problems with that.

Thanks for the comments, folks, but at present I need to look at options - none of the mentioned names mean anything to me - technically I am at kindergarten level!

Comment

So are we all when we start, Nari. Nil desperandum, or something (though desperandum is more usual with me. ) Take time and browse the various options for storing your images. The three I mentioned all have free options, and I'm sure those Tommi mentioned have as well.
                    Ivy

Comment

Working...
                    X