• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joakim
    started a topic Save the old M/S Skog°y

Save the old M/S Skog°y

M/S Skog°y.
    http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/nordland/1.7139193
    Last edited by Joakim; June 17th, 2010, 21:46.

• pakarang
    replied
    As I'm not on Facebook anymore, I have not seen or heard anything about this ship for a while.

Does anyone know the status or have any new images to share?

http://skog°ysvenner.no/

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    It is so nice to see that brightly colored and freshly painted funnel, in sharp contrast to her previous state.

Let's hope and pray they find the energy and funding to continue with this project!

Leave a comment:

• The Sea-Otter
    replied
    "Gamle Skog°y" og "Gann" by The Sea-Otter, on Flickr

"Gamle Skog°y" by The Sea-Otter, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• The Sea-Otter
    replied
    Last week, while on cruise onboard "Gann", I photographed "Gamle Skog°y" in Narvik. As you can see, the extreme weather "Ole" took the temporary roof and walls on deck,

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    The end of the story of Skog°y?

Norwegian Customs demands more than half million NOK - 630.000 NOK to be exact - in import fees from the people behind the restoration project: for the import of a ship-wreck from Sweden to Norway:

http://www.nrk.no/nordland/fikk-sjok...net-1.11595670

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    This transformation is nothing but baffling:

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Turn to page 20 of this Swedish local paper to see a familiar ship:

http://dmweb.v-tab.se/webpages/Malar...LO-131212.html

Leave a comment:

• yvneac
    replied
    There are always things to discover on CVF.I did'nt read this topic before so it's a pleasure to look at the salvage of a "almost" hurtigruten ship.By the way it evidences of Norwegian people's love for their maritime heritage.Great.
    Thank you Martin for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• HurtigruteMartin
    replied
    Indeed a lot of steelwork, Steve. But also a lot of work do do on the woodem deck . Last sunday I was back in Narvik as a bus-driver for female football-players. And I missed the first half of the footballmatch just because I had to visit Skog°y again.The only camera available was on the mobile-phone for use in the bus` handsfree-set. But it worked.

I guess they are working a lot inside at the interior. All windows are replaced with plastic

Back at her stern

And as we can see here, the wooden deck need to be taken care of

Leave a comment:

• Steve.B
    replied
    Nice to see work still ongoing. Lots of steelwork to do i should imagine, there would be plenty to do on any ship of this age, but just a bit more so when the ship laid on her side half sunk for so long. Good to see the dedication these people have. And good to see the progress. Thank you, Martin.

Leave a comment:

• Tommi
    replied
    Thanks for the update Martin. Looking forward to see some other really nice pictures from your side.

Leave a comment:

• Seagull
    replied
    So very pleased to see this update Martin. For sure a very great deal remains to be done as your detail photos show, but it is amazing progress none the less and what a thrill to see the masts and that proud bow.

Mustn't forget to congratulate the photographer in my enthusiasm for the ship. Martin, you have a CVF first here ľ a DOUBLE reverse ôpakarang viewö !!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• HurtigruteMartin
    replied
    Just a few days ago, I visited her again......And I will come back with some more fresh images very soon

Leave a comment:

• HurtigruteMartin
    replied
    Some more details on "Gamle Skog°y" July 2013

And finally...........A mirror reflection

Leave a comment:

Working...
X