Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 - the story continues.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a small tip:

Nice image of QE2 in Maasmondmaritime Newsletter of today....
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

From the UAE, here is the first out of 14 VERY recent images of our old beloved Queen:

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

What a sight. Must have been nice to capture that from the foredeck.
        Last edited by Captain RJ; July 14th, 2010, 17:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain RJ View Post
          What a sight. Must have been nice to capture that from the foredeck.
          Thank you so much, I have quite a bit more, so if there is an interest, I can post more of these.

Comment

stupid question

we want them,al of them
            best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
              stupid question

we want them,all of them
              Are you really, really sure...

The ship's Yacht Club:

Comment

Keep em' coming Captain! From what i have seen so far she is looking good. But she would look even better full of people again.

Now i guess that you have been given special permission to post these, under strict conditions?, hence the text across the photo?
                Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Show them! Show them! Show them!

Comment

Definately much better than if the ship was at Alang. Although I want to see the QE2 return to the UK more than anything else..

Comment

I definitely agree with Redlinekid2, she belongs in Southampton... after all that was her home for 40 years.
                      Alang is wrong in so many ways, first and foremost the exploitation of the workforce at Alang.
                      Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

Aft main engine room:

Comment

I think I may have over-estimated the thought I had that these images was truly special, exclusive and "breaking the barrier"....

Comment

I had almost expected a "storm" to brew at the posting of these images, but so far, only a light breeze blew through the thread....

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFCFan View Post
                              I definitely agree with Redlinekid2, she belongs in Southampton... after all that was her home for 40 years.
                              Alang is wrong in so many ways, first and foremost the exploitation of the workforce at Alang.
                              Excluding the machinery spaces, how much would it cost renovate the exterior of the ship back to its 1969 apperance as well as the interior decour of the public spaces? I certainly would love to see the QE2 current interiors stripped down the bare metal so that the renovation could be carried out, as it was done to the SS Rotterdam, into a 4-Star Hotel and Maritime Museum. In addition, I would like to see those penthouse additions removed from the ship and the forecastle restored back to the way it was with those large windows at the front once again. It would be nice to see the ship as it was in 1969, as far as the public areas are concerned. In addition, the passenger cabins could be combined into larger rooms and have the 1960's Jetson decour that was evident of its time, like the SS France and the TS Michaelangelo.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                                I had almost expected a "storm" to brew at the posting of these images, but so far, only a light breeze blew through the thread....
                                Not too many storms about at the moment, but i think i can safely say that i GREATLY appreciate you sharing these brilliant photos.

I just wish we could hear some positive news coming out of Dubai. She's been sitting there far too long without a proper use found for her. It's a shame they do not open her up to the public, use her as a hotel for the time being. In theory she was fit for that purpose from the time she arrived. Being used in that sort of way would at least keep the mould at bay - cleaners doing the rounds each day. Not so much incentive to keep on top of cleaning duties when she is not being used.

I wonder if her owners are still running all of her machinery on an alternate basis? I know they were a year ago.
                                Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Working...
                                X