No announcement yet.

Norwegian Royal Yacht "Norge"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

26th June 2019 and Queen Sonja end her private vacation in Kristiansund.
    In the days previous, a good week or so, she has been mooring around islands Tustna and Smøla just east of the city.
    Today she came sailing into Kristiansund harbor, and Her Majesty departed for a walk around the city streets with her camera. Many pictures were taken, the local paper report.

Here are my pictures from the R/Y NORGE visit, before the Queen flew home on a jet plane and the ship sailed on to Haakonsvern Naval Base outside Bergen.
    ​​​​​​IMGP3066 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

As seen from the parking house at the shopping mall
    ​​​​​​IMGP3070 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

​​​​​​IMGP3071 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

IMGP3071 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Some say R/Y NORGE and E/Y CAPELLA C are lookalikes, at first glance. They might be correct
    ​​​​​​IMGP3069 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Starboard side details
    ​​​​​​IMGP3076 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr

Celebrity visit in a nice city
    ​​​​​​IMGP3079 by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Lovely photos of a very beautiful ship Svein.
      Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Look at #151/6 at the storage space for the terrace furniture. Someone created a real mess there. Not very "royalish". I wonder, if there is a decksplan anywhere in the net. It seems to me that the majority of the living rooms are quite close to the engine. What do you think? Is she as comfortable as beautiful?
        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• Sterkoder
          Sterkoder commented
          Editing a comment
          I have never seen a decks plan for R/Y Norge, but that space in front of the funnel is a place the "owners" can't see from their quarters.
          Guess the things we see on board now is a little different from what we will see when the boat is used for representation and official business, as the Queen was on a private holiday on this trip.
          Note, there are also four kayaks moored to the roof there, which I'm sure we will not see on any official sailing. But of course, I don't know.

Wonderful photos of the whole ship as well as the detailed close-ups.

That are with all the "mess" is not suitable for a yacht of this caliber, but as any other older vessel, there is just not enough storage space on board. I also notice that there are a lot of cabling around the top-decks, not too unlike how it is on Nordstjernen for example. Looking back at the images when the Royal Yacht came to Trondheim a while ago, there seems to be the same things in the same place.

But no matter what, it's a very stately yacht and it's a very important symbol on Norwegian maritime heritage (whatever is left of it at least).

This wonderful vessel really stands out on the Norwegian coast.
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
        X