Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASA would like its rubber ducks back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NASA would like its rubber ducks back

    See more here:


    Nasa ducks dive under Greenland ice

    NASA Uses 90 Rubber Ducks to Study Global Warming


    Anyone seen NASA's rubber duckies?
    Ĝistein

    If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

  • #2
    Interesting articles... I guess they got this idea from the container ship which lost their container full of rubber duckies overboard after which they seemed to pop all across the world on the most strangest places.

    I'll keep an extra look-out on my walk along the seashore next time to see if i can spot some of them.

    ehp... did any of these missing duckies pop up in your bathtub?
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

    Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

    Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by pakarang View Post
      ehp... did any of these missing duckies pop up in your bathtub?
      Alas, no....Although, gee, for that enormous and generous prize of USD100 from the US government for finding one, I'm surprised they haven't popped up yet....You could get more auctioning them off on ebay............

      Comment


      • #4
        And I just had another thought...I watched a show on the Science Channel two days ago about Alaska and the glaciers there...how snow becomes hard ice, etc...if those duckies got stuck on the way down the holes...and it takes a hundred or so years for that ice to become meltwater....imagine the surprise around the world in 2108 when yellow rubber duckies start popping up all over the world............

        Comment


        • #5
          Where I grew up in Ohio there are many caves and underground rivers. I can remember everyone in school writing their name on the bottom of a rubber duck. They took all the ducks down into one of the caves and dumped them into the river. 10 miles away there is a large clear water spring. The first duck to pop to the surface in the spring was the winner.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
            Where I grew up in Ohio there are many caves and underground rivers. I can remember everyone in school writing their name on the bottom of a rubber duck. They took all the ducks down into one of the caves and dumped them into the river. 10 miles away there is a large clear water spring. The first duck to pop to the surface in the spring was the winner.
            See, we didn't need computers and electronics and stuff when WE were young!! This sounds hilarious! Kids today wouldn't understand....

            Comment


            • #7
              And the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) would sue you for contaminating an underground aquifer with rubber ducks.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
                And the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) would sue you for contaminating an underground aquifer with rubber ducks.
                Too True.....the EPA is a hated entity in my family....

                Comment

                Working...
                X