Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S|S France and S|S Norway : Pont Véranda – International Deck

Stories, facts and information from Pont Véranda – International Deck

This thread has been created and opened so that we can share images, facts and information on the ship’s deck mentioned in the above heading.

If you have anything to share, we would all love to hear from you: if you would like to tell us what special memory you have from that particular deck, please tell us: if you would like to share historical information on what the rooms were on the France, and what they became on the Norway, please tell us.

We are all eagerly looking forward to seeing images and reading stories.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

I would like to share with everyone pics of this deck. Pictures are from an unknown photographer. If anyone has more pics from this deck, please share!

Comment

A few from the outside walkway...

A couple more from my collection:

Can someone let me know if that picture is showing for them? I am not seeing it here. Dang Picasa ...

Edit: Now using photobucket - should be working now...
      Last edited by dirk6665; March 10th, 2009, 16:38. Reason: Picasa will not show images :(

Comment

Originally posted by dirk6665 View Post

Can someone let me know if that picture is showing for them? I am not seeing it here. Dang Picasa ...

Just a red X in a box, no picture.
        Řistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

Originally posted by dirk6665 View Post

Just a blank spot: photobucket is quite good as well. I have used them most of the time, but as you probably know already, the interface is a bit different than picasa.

It's really a great way of reliving this wonderful and greatly missed ships: looking at interior and exterior photos: she comes so much back to life.

I miss walking around on her decks, so much....

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
            Just a blank spot: photobucket is quite good as well. I have used them most of the time, but as you probably know already, the interface is a bit different than picasa.

It's really a great way of reliving this wonderful and greatly missed ships: looking at interior and exterior photos: she comes so much back to life.

I miss walking around on her decks, so much....
            Yeah - I kinda figured Picasa might not display the images correctly ... Picasa is very easy for me because I use their desktop tool and managing my photos online is really very easy that way, but I will look at photobucket as another option...or my flickr account or maybe I'll just move them to my own web server.

For now I will just edit the post and repoint the picture to a place that works
            The original post is now working - scroll up to see the images
            Last edited by dirk6665; March 10th, 2009, 16:40. Reason: Fixed original post

Comment

SS NORWAY as an Ice Carving

Taken from the midnight buffet held on International Deck...not sure why they held it there.
              sigpicI will never forget the lovely grand SS NORWAY.
              Past Cruises on her: August 22, 1992. June 4, 1994, April 7, 2002.
              Nearly had our fourth cruise, it was set for November 7, 2003...
              the boiler room disaster of May 4, 2003 took her out of service.
              We ended up on the NORWEGIAN WIND, not the same as the SS NORWAY

Comment

Re: SS NORWAY as an Ice Carving

Wonderful the s/s NORWAY in Ice !!!
                Never see that .

Comment

Didn't they make her in chocolate too, for the chocoholic buffet?

Comment

Yes, they did..it was in the Leeward Dining Room during our last cruise in 2002. I'll scan that and put it on here.

Comment

Checkers Lounge, midship. I tried to scale back the size of the photos. I still need to work on that.

Comment

Checkers.... the one they literally destroyed when they turned it into a sports bar...

Was that in the 1996 drydock?

Comment

I think so, the best way to find out is to check one of my brochures. I'm still not finished scanning photos for this deck, more are on the way

Comment

Originally posted by mrslinarcos View Post
                            I think so, the best way to find out is to check one of my brochures. I'm still not finished scanning photos for this deck, more are on the way
                            I'm fairly convinced it was the 96-drydock, because it was before I signed off the last time, and I remember my disapproval at the conversion.

I loved the Checkers... and the atmosphere there in the evenings (before it became a noisy sports bar).

Comment

I just wished I had gotten more photos of Checkers. I've got some 70 pages left to scan from the 1994 cruise, then I'll be going through the 1992 trip and I may have gotten some from that first trip we did in '92. I'm so glad I got to sail on her three times. I agree with you about the Checkers lounge, they should have just left it as it was, the same thing with the Ibsen Library; that was disgusting what they did to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X