Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The liquidation stock of ocenaliner A/S up for sale

http://www.finn.no/finn/torget/tilsa...nkode=35743207

Just for you people who wondered what happened with everything. It has been in the banks custody for 4 years.
    Re: The liquidation stock of SSNorway.no and Oceanliner A/S up for sale

So sad to see. Hope someone will save some of these items.
    Jeff
    • '); $('.goto-top-container .goto-top-button', $floatingBarWrapper).on('click', function(e) { vBulletin.animateScrollTop(0, {duration: "slow"}); return false; }); //add Subscribe button vBulletin.subscribe = vBulletin.subscribe || {}; var $followButton = $('.follow-btn'); if ($followButton.length) { var $toolsetLeft = $('.toolset-left', $floatingBarWrapper); if ($toolsetLeft.length != $floatingBarWrapper.length) { $toolsetLeft = $toolsetLeft.add($('.conversation-toolbar', $floatingBarWrapper).not(':has(.toolset-left)').prepend(' ').find('.toolset-left')); } $followButton.clone(true).removeClass('h-left').appendTo($toolsetLeft.find('li:first-child')); var origSubscribeRequestSuccess = vBulletin.subscribeRequestSuccess || vBulletin.subscribe.subscribeRequestSuccess; if (typeof origSubscribeRequestSuccess === 'function' && origSubscribeRequestSuccess.toString().indexOf('lo cation.reload') != -1) { vBulletin.subscribeRequestSuccess = vBulletin.subscribe.subscribeRequestSuccess = function(button, response) { origSubscribeRequestSuccess($('.follow-btn'), response); window.stop(); //stop location.reload after subscribing }; } var origUnsubscribe = vBulletin.unsubscribe || vBulletin.subscribe.unsubscribe; if (typeof origUnsubscribe === 'function' && origUnsubscribe.toString().indexOf('location.reloa d') != -1) { vBulletin.unsubscribe = vBulletin.subscribe.unsubscribe = function(button) { origUnsubscribe($('.follow-btn')); }; $.ajaxPrefilter(function(options, originalOptions, jqXHR) { if (options.url.indexOf('/api/follow/delete') != -1) { var origSuccess = options.success; options.success = function() { origSuccess.apply(this, arguments); window.stop(); //stop location.reload after unsubscribing } } }); } } //Fix pagination in Memberlist page var $memberlist = $('.memberlist-widget'); if ($memberlist.length) { $.ajaxPrefilter(function(options, originalOptions, jqXHR) { if (options.url.indexOf('/render/memberlist_items') != -1) { var origSuccess = options.success; options.success = function() { origSuccess.apply(this, arguments); var pageInfo = { totalpages: $('.js-memberlist-table-body', $memberlist).data('totalPages'), pagenumber: $('.pagenav-controls .js-pagenum', $memberlist).val(), perpage: $('.js-per-page', $memberlist).data('perpage') }; $.get(pageData.baseurl + "/ajax/render/pagenav", {pagenav: pageInfo}, function(result) { if (result) { $('.pagenav-container', $memberlist).replaceWith(result.template); $('.pagenav .button', $memberlist).on('click', function(ev) { return paginationClickHandler.call(this, $memberlist); }); } }, 'json'); } } }); } } if (!Function.prototype.debounce) { Function.prototype.debounce = function (threshold, execAsap) { var func = this, timeout; return function () { var obj = this, args = arguments; var delayed = function() { if (!execAsap) func.apply(obj, args); timeout = null; }; if (timeout) clearTimeout(timeout); else if (execAsap) func.apply(obj, args); timeout = setTimeout(delayed, threshold || 100); }; } } }); })(); */
    Last edited by lanterne; June 28th, 2012, 21:49.

I'd like to get my hands on a couple of the lifevests from the rooms I sailed in and one of the deck name signs. WOW.
    sigpicI will never forget the lovely grand SS NORWAY.
    Past Cruises on her: August 22, 1992. June 4, 1994, April 7, 2002.
    Nearly had our fourth cruise, it was set for November 7, 2003...
    the boiler room disaster of May 4, 2003 took her out of service.
    We ended up on the NORWEGIAN WIND, not the same as the SS NORWAY

Comment

Is that in the Finnish language?? I sent them an email and I can't translate it:

Takk for din e-post!

Dette er en automatisk tilbakemelding som bekrefter at vi har mottatt e-post fra deg, og du har fått dette saksnummeret: 3195890

En saksbehandler vil svare på e-posten din så snart som mulig.
      Kundesenteret vårt er åpent mandag – fredag, kl 08.00 – 17.00

Hvis du vil legge til noe i henvendelsen din, kan du svare på denne e-posten ved å trykke Svar-knappen (Reply).
      Du må da ikke gjøre endringer i Emne/Subject-feltet.

Vi har uvanlig høy trafikk på FINN for tiden og det kan ta litt lenger tid enn vanlig før du får svar.

Comment

It is in Norwegian and one of these computer generated replieas.
        It just give you a case no.: 3195890
        The will reply a.s.a.p. Hopefully by a human and in English.

Comment

Thank you so much Ombugge, I wasn't too sure what language it was in. It should be interesting what response I get and I'll post it here as soon as I receive it in my email.

Comment

I thought I would give you an update, you have to click to the right where it says e-post. I sent an e-post and haven't received an answer yet. I don't know if this means if Andrew Shaw is the one that will be replying or not. If he is the one, he's one stubborn person and hasn't replied, I told him what I was looking for and what I could afford. If not, it could be the bank and they're waiting to see how many will respond to this sale. The address is from Finn.no so it might be the bank in Norway?? In any case, I'll be patient and wait to see what happens.

Comment

So far, no reply from Andrew Shaw; that comes as no surprise to me. He's always been like this, if he wants to sell his items in this bankruptcy, he's going to have to be happy to get what he can in this economy.

Comment

Good reply from Andrew Shaw, he's going to post on here how the items will be bought. Hope to see his posting on here soon.

Comment

Whilst the world's undoubtedly most beautiful liner is gone, and history, these are the remains of this once proud and beautiful ship:

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                  Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                  Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                  Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Re: The liquidation stock of ocenaliner A/S up for sale

Now in my possession: to be framed and placed on the wall in my home:

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

This is all that is left of her:

Comment

Not sure if this is from the pool deck?

Anyone knows... or have any photographic evidence?

Comment

Some more images:

Comment

One of the two NORWAY signs that used to stand proudly between the funnels:

Comment

Thank you for these photos! I love that beautiful pieces

I was negotiating for some items with Andrew Shaw, but no news since a long time. I am very disappointed

Comment

Working...
                              X