Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[S|S France and S|S Norway] Private collections and collectiables.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have excellent penmanship Jan. I knew you'd love to see that. I was going through my things and found it. That was from our second cruise on the NORWAY, I'm still trying to find the rest of my luggage tags I have from the past. If you would like to have the position paper let me know and I'd be glad to send it to you. It wouldn't be a problem. Here is another luggage tag from our trip on the NORWAY, it's from O63; the Aug. 22,'92 cruise in which the NORWAY passed Hurricane Andrew on Sat. evening, by way of the Bahamas, except going between the Bahamas and Cuba. One crew member told me it was pretty rocky that night, I should have stayed awake, the first set I scanned was for debarking the ship in Miami on Aug. 29, '92
    Last edited by mrslinarcos; June 3rd, 2010, 23:53. Reason: Adding another photo
    sigpicI will never forget the lovely grand SS NORWAY.
    Past Cruises on her: August 22, 1992. June 4, 1994, April 7, 2002.
    Nearly had our fourth cruise, it was set for November 7, 2003...
    the boiler room disaster of May 4, 2003 took her out of service.
    We ended up on the NORWEGIAN WIND, not the same as the SS NORWAY

Comment

Originally posted by pilotdane View Post
      Was the position sheet something for the log book or was it for making an announcement to the passengers?
      This paper, or position report as it was known as, was posted on International Deck somewhere close to the Reception area every sea day.

...and thanks for the comment on my penmanship: it was back then, not so much any longer...
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

It was posted on a wood wall outside of the Windjammer Bar. Nice place to put it, if you couldn't see it coming aft on International Deck, you could see it coming from fore, just as you came out of Stairtower 1 and made a left turn. That's how I found this one, someone had already taken the photo of the NORWAY off of this one, however, I was able to get a whole paper from a wonderful man who also worked on the NORWAY, Gunstein Langset, a very nice fellow indeed.

Comment

How Many of You Bought NORWAY Lifevests From the NORWAY Deck?

Just curious, did anyone buy anything from Harald who ran the SS NORWAY site where you could buy things from the ship?

Comment

Maybe I need to rephrase what I asked. When we could buy SS NORWAY items from this site: www.oceanlinershop.com This was the one run by Harald Melitis and Andrew Shaw, right now the website is offline. The question is, has anyone bought life vests from this company that has the name SS NORWAY on it?

Comment

Yes I:

Comment

I am proud to show off my two pieces of the SS Norway. 2 t shirts from the 80's.

Comment

They are magnificent

Comment

Yes!

Yes i also bought lifevest from SS Norway tagged OSLO.
                    I also have a huge SS Norway postal flag from the eightees, 6mx2,5m

Best regards

The Norway

Comment

• Lifevest from MS Sleipner

I also have my lifevest from the catamaran MS Sleipner in the disaster november 26. 1999.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Sleipner

Best regards

The Norway

Comment

• Does Anyone Have a Postcard of NORWAY Like This:

I've never seen it on a postcard, have any of you?
                        Last edited by mrslinarcos; August 8th, 2010, 00:11. Reason: Had to fix image.

Comment

• Yes mrslinarcos !

Certainly the " LAST " poscard from our ship !
                          I recieve this poscard (in big size) with this logo in Bremerhaven (November 2004) .

Noel

Comment

• I don't think I have the postcard, but have seen it several times on eBay. I think they also produced one of the final brochures with that logo on her funnels cropped in (as they did with the previous logo after her classic look)...

I'll check in my boxes to see if I have any and will scan.

Comment

• My Newest SS NORWAY Tribute. This is......

Going up near the Portside of my bed. Enjoy!!!!!

Comment

• So clever an idea to make up such a collage of all those precious souvenirs so that you can just look up at your wall and enjoy your memories all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X