Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[S|S France and S|S Norway] Private collections and collectiables.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do also have a model of the SS FRANCE, a plastic model which I built together while serving the SS NORWAY from 81 to 87

Comment

Was that a model sold onboard?
      sigpicI will never forget the lovely grand SS NORWAY.
      Past Cruises on her: August 22, 1992. June 4, 1994, April 7, 2002.
      Nearly had our fourth cruise, it was set for November 7, 2003...
      the boiler room disaster of May 4, 2003 took her out of service.
      We ended up on the NORWEGIAN WIND, not the same as the SS NORWAY

Comment

Originally posted by mrslinarcos View Post
        Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this model was not sold on board. It was a plastic model which was made by... hmmm... I think a company called Airfix, or something sounding similarly.

I have one of those as well, somewhere.
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
        Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
        Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by mrslinarcos View Post
          No I dont think so, I did never see that plastic model in any of the shops onboard, I bought it from a friend onboard.

Comment

I see, and you're right Airfix was the company that produced a kit. I've got a couple of those here.

Comment

I would love to have a cheap but good model of the SS Norway, but no one has them for sale. But on the other hand, i did manage to get an SS Norway t shirt from a 1985 cruise. It says on the front "I celebrated the SS Norway's Birthday Summer '85" on it. I got it a couple of days ago and i practically melted when i first held it in my hands cause i now finally have a piece of the SS Norway, but anyway, here is a picture from the seller where i bought the shirt so you will know what it looks like. And for all i know, this could be one of very few (if not the last one) in existence.

Comment

Just Made a Collage of the SS NORWAY Postcards

And if you'd like to have them as a screen saver, please do. Love to be a bit creative when I'm hungry.

Comment

Latest addition to my collection...

Here is the latest addition to my personal collection...

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Am I right, but did this hang at Star Tower six... all the way aft...?

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

To me, it looks like it was between both funnels on Sun Deck.

Comment

Yes, it was located at Stairtower Six Aft... I got goose bumps when I unwrapped it!

Comment

Originally posted by rdelpapa View Post
                          I got goose bumps when I unwrapped it!
                          I'm absolutely sure you did, I would have too....

Comment

I had seen that up for bids on Ebay, if the price had started out much lower, I would have made a bid for it. And yes, I would have gotten goosebumps too unwrapping it.

Comment

Question...

If you scroll a few replies back up, you will note that I posted of picture of my latest addition to my collection - a Directory Board from Sun Deck.

I have two questions regarding two locations on the board that I can not recall from my six SS Norway cruises:

First, it states that there are two Ice Cream Parlors; I clearly remember Svens Ice Cream Parlor FWD STBD on International Deck... the board also says there is one AFT on International Deck? Was this a mistake, or was there also an Ice Cream Parlor there?

Second, it shows a "Sky Sauna" on Sky Deck. I stayed on Sky Deck FWD in 1996 on my second cruise on the SS Norway, and I don't remember a Sauna on Sky Deck.

Does anyone have any more info on these two points above?

Thanks!!

Comment

Interesting, I do not recollect any Ice Cream Parlour on International deck and a Sauna on Sky Deck......

Comment

Working...
                                X