Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[S|S France and S|S Norway] Private collections and collectiables.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doorsign from upper deck?

Door sign from the upper deck? This sign was mounted on teak door I bought. Does anyone know where this sign hung?

Best regards

The Norway

Comment

Originally posted by thenorway View Post
      Door sign from the upper deck? This sign was mounted on teak door I bought. Does anyone know where this sign hung?

Best regards

The Norway
      A couple of doors comes to my mind: Olympic deck forward, or one of the stairtowers ending on the top deck; stairtower 3 or stairtower 6?
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I will be adding a couple of items on here tomorrow..I've been a bit busy lately..however, I love to add what I can..there was nothing like her and there never will be again.
        Last edited by mrslinarcos; May 26th, 2009, 06:16. Reason: I'm still not getting my photo in here.
        sigpicI will never forget the lovely grand SS NORWAY.
        Past Cruises on her: August 22, 1992. June 4, 1994, April 7, 2002.
        Nearly had our fourth cruise, it was set for November 7, 2003...
        the boiler room disaster of May 4, 2003 took her out of service.
        We ended up on the NORWEGIAN WIND, not the same as the SS NORWAY

Comment

I think the sign was on star deck or sun deck. The "new" top section was less sound proof than the rest of the ship.

Comment

SS France - SS Norway from beginning to end

Found this on YouTube. Quite informative for those who haven't followed the ship with passion for years:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o8Fu...e=channel_page
            Don't know if it has appeared on CV before

Last edited by pakarang; May 28th, 2009, 22:44. Reason: Embedded youtube video

Comment

Crew only sign

Hi again there, heres some more pieces from the blue lady.

Best regards

The Norway

Comment

I have these emergency instructions I bought them last year...so glad I got them when I did. I'm sure a couple of you would recognize the one in particular, I'm sure it was for the crew??

Comment

Here are some of my personal collectables... I have many more (books, brochures, small items) from both era's of the SS Norway. I will post some more photos in the near future!

Comment

Those are beautiful models Rick, I have 1 of the NORWAY & 1 of the FRANCE, they're packed away now..I have my home up for sale and the best thing to do is make sure these items are well packed. I also have these items to add to the topic.
                    My only bottle I had won on Ebay a couple of years ago and yes, the wine is still in it.

The NORWAY Farewell Decanter Set I won on Ebay:

The regular NORWAY Decanter Set I had a friend get for me and I'm so glad she did, because i wasn't going to be able to sail the NORWAY again, due to the explosion.

Comment

I love those Decanters, lovely souvenirs of the Grand Lady.
                      Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Travel agency poster, framed

St. John???, anybody know..

Best regards

The Norway

Comment

Medallion

Best regards

The Norway

Comment

Originally posted by thenorway View Post

St. John???, anybody know..

Best regards

The Norway
                            I think this is EL MORRO CASTLE at the entrance to San Juan, Puerto Rico.
                            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                            Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                            Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

im trying to buy a polo shirt from the SS Norway that has her great name on the front of the shirt.

Comment

I hope you win it..I just won a very nice model of the Home Lines OCEANIC.... I do have models of the SS NORWAY/FRANCE as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X