Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[S|S France and S|S Norway] Private collections and collectiables.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needs to say, I love it, and the towel as the backdrop is really cool a nice touch. If only the people responsible for her demise could see that they killed a proud and majestic ship.

Comment

I'm with you on that Captain RJ, because she was just more than steel and wood. She had life, not in the engine room; but the life that walked the decks. The smoke that came from her stack; the way she plowed through the waves. When being cleaned every day to the T, I love how the crew took care of her and I envied the officers and staff who got to stay aboard her. Wishing I could have stayed another week after finishing a cruise, I recall her going to St. Maarten, St. Thomas one week, then to NCL's Private Island. Then to go on her the following week of St. Thomas, San Juan and to the Private Island. I would have been happy to do that. I'm just glad I got to sail her 3 times. ((((((((HUGS))))))))) to all of you who worked on board her and took good care of such a beautiful liner.
      sigpicI will never forget the lovely grand SS NORWAY.
      Past Cruises on her: August 22, 1992. June 4, 1994, April 7, 2002.
      Nearly had our fourth cruise, it was set for November 7, 2003...
      the boiler room disaster of May 4, 2003 took her out of service.
      We ended up on the NORWEGIAN WIND, not the same as the SS NORWAY

Comment

thanks for sharing this very nice collage! It's really awesome and it really shows what a grand ship she was. She had so much beauty and your collage is a very good summary of it. I love it! Thanks!

Comment

S|S Norway : Postcards

Some of you may have had them, I'm very proud of my very first one, it seems that first one really defined her didn't it??

And the taller card, it's actually a travel agency fold out. I kept as much as I could of the SS NORWAY.
          sigpicI will never forget the lovely grand SS NORWAY.
          Past Cruises on her: August 22, 1992. June 4, 1994, April 7, 2002.
          Nearly had our fourth cruise, it was set for November 7, 2003...
          the boiler room disaster of May 4, 2003 took her out of service.
          We ended up on the NORWEGIAN WIND, not the same as the SS NORWAY

Comment

I have perhaps they 2 last postcards from the s/s NORWAY .
            From my first visit in BREMERHAVEN in November 2003 .

I recieve this usualy big postcard from the Security Officier from the s/s NORWAY .
            But on this day i go not onboard my Ship !

This is the " LAST " postcard from the Arrival in Bremerhaven in July 2003 from the s/s NORWAY !!!
            I buy this poscard in the little restaurant : " Die Letzte Kneipe Vor NEW YORK " !!!

http://tdm99.skyrock.com/photo.html?...73443710&rev=0

Noel

Comment

Grace is thing you have from birth, and this lady is indeed a ship of eternal grace.
              Lenge leve grasiøs Norge!!
              Infamy, Infamy.... They've got it in for me! Said The Laughing Assassin.

Comment

I like that second one better Mrslinarcos. She looks graceful there.
                Here is one that I have on my computer I should post the others I have tucked away.
                Didn't Jan take a picture like this with the SEA VENTURE/PACIFIC PRINCESS at the stern of a NORWAY before the "Holiday Inn" 1990 deck additions?

Comment

Your collage is so wonderful! And such a fantastic way to remember her and honor her memory. What a great thing to have on your wall. You have actually given me some ideas too for displaying some of mySSNorway/France collection too.

Comment

S|S France and S|S Norway : private Collectibles

In this new Thread you can show up with pictures of what you collect of objects from SS Norway or SS France .
                    I've gathered a great deal from the ship and will later post pictures of this.
                    Some of my collection is split post flag, teak door, door medallion, ship drawings, signal flags
                    ship, directory board, ship's documents from NCL, poster from state room etc.

Best regards
                    The Norway

Comment

Hello thenorway welcome to our Forum,
                      Thank you for sharing. Are these your images that you have taken? Do you have a location and date? This one appears in Miami or Lauderdale.
                      I would like to see pics of the teak door and directory board. Is that board before or after the 90 refit?

Comment

The image is found on the internet. Was there different door from the France days and after the 90 refit?
                        The directory board is after the 90 refit. The SS Norway's post split flag is huge, the length is about 6 meters long, so i have to roll it out in my garden to take a picture off it.
                        I will post my private images when i return onshore after my working period here at the Troll A platform in the North sea.

Best regards

The Norway

Comment

Sunchair

Finally back from work. Here are some of the things I have from the SS Norway. I'll post more later.
                          This picture is of 2 sun chairs that I use in the summer here in Bergen. It is wonderful to lie on the sunchair and think that they have been in use on SS Norway, the world's largest cruise ship.

Best regards

The Norway

Comment

Cabinsign

Cabinsign from V009.

Best Regards

The Norway

Comment

Originally posted by thenorway View Post

Cabinsign from V009.

Best Regards

The Norway
                              OH... V009.... I have also slept there, once upon a time... a long time ago...
                              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                              Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                              Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your collection. Who else on the Forum stayed in this cabin and any pics of that cabin?

Comment

Working...
                                X