Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
[S|S France and S|S Norway] Private collections and collectiables. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [S|S France and S|S Norway] Private collections and collectiables.

I'm not going to say anything about it, other than just wait, in a couple of days or so I think you're going to like what I'm going to post. It's all about our lovely and beautiful SS NORWAY. Post a watch on the crow's nest.
    sigpicI will never forget the lovely grand SS NORWAY.
    Past Cruises on her: August 22, 1992. June 4, 1994, April 7, 2002.
    Nearly had our fourth cruise, it was set for November 7, 2003...
    the boiler room disaster of May 4, 2003 took her out of service.
    We ended up on the NORWEGIAN WIND, not the same as the SS NORWAY

can't wait!

Comment

I have posted a double look out on both bridge wings and notified the Hotel Director, so we are all looking forward to the surprise!
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
      Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
      Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

This is more exciting than Christmas (once you get older the gifts are no longer much of a surprise). I wonder what it is? I wish there were a box I could shake.

Comment

Sounds wonderful, anything to keep her memory going.
          Im handling the radar as Im sure its rusty. Should I take a celestial fix too?

Comment

Aye, aye sir a celestial fix is needed. Tomorrow is the day.

Comment

S|S Norway : My Collage Tribute To The SS NORWAY

Ahoy Captain and staff, here is what you've been waiting for. This is my photo collage tribute to our lovely SS NORWAY. It's not up on my wall yet, but I felt before I posted this anywhere else on the internet, this would have come here first because we all love and miss our Grand Lady. I hope you will like this:
              Last edited by mrslinarcos; January 8th, 2009, 02:53. Reason: Adding more photos

Comment

Well....?

"Tomorrow" is 1 hour and 33 minutes old here in Norway, so what's it gonna be...?
                "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

I just posted the photo on a new topic.

Comment

Mmmmmm...., real nice!
                    As we want to remember her....., with the right superstructure too....
                    Thanks!!
                    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Comment

How absolutely wonderful!! It makes me wish I had been able to get to know this grand lady!! What a real gem you are, mrslinarcos, not only for creating this, but sharing it with all of us. You have made so many hearts here very very happy!!!

Comment

Wow! I would love something like that on my wall! So many happy memories in one place. Indeed the way we want to remember her - blue skies, blue sea's and a magnificent BIG BLUE SHIP!!

Thanks so much for sharing that with us, a great idea and a brilliant tribute to our beloved Norway.
                          Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Hey thats really stupendous!
                            Is that a beach towel in the center? How many of these postcards and such(besides the key card) came from the ship itself?
                            Is this why you asked a few months back how many offical posters NCL made?
                            Making your own, it appears, is way more fun than buying one!
                            Thanks for sharing and honoring her memory!

Comment

With a very humble heart, I thank you so much for your thoughts. Yes, that's one of 2 SS NORWAY beach towels I have. This is the one I love the most, as it shows her as they should have kept her. All of the postcards on the tribute are from NCL, except for the top right corner. That's from the French Line, in honor of her being the SS FRANCE. And the one of her leaving a port, I'm going to have to pull that one out to see where that card came from. When I get this on the wall, I'll have another surprise going up with it. Elizabeth, I want everyone to be happy with our memories of the NORWAY, I'll never forget her.

Comment

Working...
                              X