Royal Viking Star : Images, photos and stories

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Royal Viking Star : Images, photos and stories

Here we are again on the Royal Viking Star on a North Cape cruise, I took the photo in 1976...

Comment

Here we are on the Royal Viking Star in the Panama Canal 1974 -1976 and we are about to pass the Royal Viking sky, I believe it was the first time that two sister ships had passed each other in the Panama canal. I took the photo...

Comment

Here we are in the Panama Canal again passing the Royal Viking Sky 1974 -1976. I took the photo, I have played with the photo in photoshop trying to get the colours more clear. You can see the flag on the Sky being dipped, we did the same on the Star..

Last edited by FrankP; January 14th, 2013, 01:00.

Comment

i waas on this cruise myseldf as executive chef de cuisine.

Comment

I had never seen this before - a video from the launch of the Royal Viking Star: apparently on June 1st 1972:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3RLyuiV7SE

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I will try to post some more photos of the Royal Viking Star. For some reason my previous photos are under Guest.

Here is the Royal Viking Star in Mazatlan Mexico (I think) and you can see the bow damage that we got during the voyage from Southampton to New York in 1973....

Cheers Frank

Last edited by Frankp; November 11th, 2016, 14:37. Reason: no photo

Comment

Hi Frank - good to see you posting.

Yes, I'm afraid that when the site was updated some of our most loyal and prolific posters got 'lost' in the ether, and those posts all appear as belonging to 'Guest' which is very frustrating. Unfortunately there's no way we can rescue that.

Looks like you may be having a few problems posting photos - I'm sure one of the experts will be able to help. It's normally just a matter of posting a link to Photobucket, Flickr or one of the other streams. Very easy once you've done it once.

Let us know how we can help - and we'll all be delighted to see you posting again.
                Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the message Mark. I will try again............

Here is the Royal Viking Star at anchor at one of the South Pacific Islands, ..

Cheers Frank

Last edited by Frankp; November 11th, 2016, 14:41. Reason: No Photo

Comment

Apparently, the Black Watch (former Royal Viking Star) suffered a serious fire in her Auxiliary Engine Room a few days ago.... I saw her in Trondheim just a few days ago. No passengers or crew were harmed, thankfully.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Here is an article confirming my statement in previous post:

http://cruisecapital.co.uk/fire-brea...n-black-watch/

More may naturally be found with the help of google.

Comment

Here is the funnel on the Black Watch, if you look closely you can still see the Royal Viking Eagle below the Fred Olsen marks.

Last edited by Frankp; November 16th, 2016, 11:24. Reason: no photo

Comment

• yvneac
                          yvneac commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sorry Frankp, Ican't access to your photos.

I am sorry that you can not see the photos, I will have another go (I can see the photos when I post them)

Can some one explain the correct procedure for posting photos/images please?

It was easier before..........

Cheers Frank

Comment

Take a look here:
                          http://www.captainsvoyage-forum.com/...to-attachments
                          Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Thanks for your message, Frankp. I've just had a go at Photobucket. At first I just could not get to my album - no way. And a little notice arrived to say that a website was slowing things down - would I like to close it? You're telling me it was slowing things down - couldn't get anything to load! So I closed the Bucket, reopened and my album appeared. I clicked on a photo, when it arrived clicked on the IMG code to copy it (from the list at the right), then pasted the URL into this thread. All was OK and the photo showed up though I have deleted it as it is not relevant.
                            So I don't know why it is being rude to you. Are you sure it was the IMG code you used?
                            As I said in my PM, I only use it for the puzzle thread and then with some trepidation. It was probably having a bad day.
                            Don't give up.
                            Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Here we on a cruise onbord the Black Watch in this photo we are in Rouen 2012

Last edited by Frankp; November 16th, 2016, 11:28.

Comment

Working...
                              X