Four ex. Royal Viking vessels in Kr-sund in the summer of '09

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four ex. Royal Viking vessels in Kr-sund in the summer of '09

As I wrote in another thread here, Kristiansund will be visited by many really nice ships this summer of 2009.
    It just dawned on me right now that we in fact are being visited by all of the former Royal Viking ships, except R V Queen.
    We got Boudicca (ex. RV Sky) 23rd June, Black Watch (ex. RV Star) 8th July,
    Prinsedam (ex. RV Sun) 22nd July and Albatros (ex. RV Sea) 23rd August.

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

That'll be something to look forward too....

That should be an interesting collection of photographs, especially taken from the same spot...
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

especially taken from the same spot...
      Hahaha...., yes...., I must try to make at least one picture from the same spot.
      But otherwise, I will be driving around to the different spotterplaces like a ball in a pinballmachine....
      I don't know when they will leave, and in the case of "Boudicca", "Black Watch" and "Prinsedam" which will be here on regular week-days, I'm at work until 4:00-4:15 PM and I suspect (and hope) they will be here until 6:00 PM in the evening.
      Of course, if they leave at 4:00 or 5:00 PM, I wouldn't get to take all the pictures I plan to take.
      But, let's wait and see...

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
        Of course, if they leave at 4:00 or 5:00 PM, I wouldn't get to take all the pictures I plan to take.
        Planned schedule as per various cruise websites:
        • Boudicca: 23rd Jun 2009 Kristiansand, Arrive 07:30 - Depart 16:00
        • Prinsedam; 22nd Jul 2009 Kristiansand, Arrive 07:00 - Depart 17:00
        • Black Watch: Wed 08 July 2009; 13:30 - 18:30 Kristiansund (N)
        • Albatros: Sun 23/08/09; Kristiansund 15:00 21:00

Comment

Svein, I will need a great photo of Albatros!! Maybe a photo with you and one of your new shirts?

Comment

Oh......, what can I say....!!!????!! I'm known to be rather honest, so I'll go on and tell you I didn't see this post until now...

The "Albatros" will arive on a sunday, and she will be docked from 7:00AM to 6:00PM, so I'll got plenty of time to come up with some good pictures.

The trick part will be to find someone who can take a great picture of me, the shirt and ship in one frame...., someone who hold and operate a camera like a camera and not like it was a hot potato...

EDIT: And one more thing, 'Rvl Sea Crew' (here we got three options: 1. I didn't pay attention, 2. I never read the posts I should have or 3. I'm so old I forgot); as you were a crewmember on board RV Sea (Albatros), what exactly was your job on the ship...?
            (Sorry for asking if you allready told us, but you know right now I got "thousand things" in my head. Some guy designing an overhaul of a '63 Chevy Nova on Discovery Channel, a daughter eager to drag me out of the sofa, things I should have done but are not both home and at job, a coffeemug tilting in the kitchen....
            Last edited by Sterkoder; April 27th, 2009, 18:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Rvl Sea Crew View Post
              Svein, I will need a great photo of Albatros!! Maybe a photo with you and one of your new shirts?
              Shirts?? I missed the reference...but gave me a scathingly brilliant idea...

(here she goes OT...such a surprise...)

Shirts!! WE need Captains Voyage SHIRTS... a nice polo shirt with embroidered logo...nice t-shirt with printed logo... very proper, very "crew" like...

And we can have photos taken with us wearing them around the world...HMMMMM

Comment

Shirts??
                'Shirt' is a secret code between me and 'Rvl Sea Crew'.

You know, basicly I'm a "sleeping" monster, and whenever I hear the word 'shirt'..., I go into action.

Like your idea there, about getting CV polo-shirts or t-shirts...

Comment

will investigate!!! I thought you'd be in for it, Sterkoder!! I have a friend who has an embroidery business.............

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
                    will investigate!!! I thought you'd be in for it, Sterkoder!! I have a friend who has an embroidery business.............
                    I like the idea very much as well...
                    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I'm way ahead of you all with this - I already got a T-shirt made with my avatar photo and the word seagull - thought it would come in useful to identify me on a future CaptainsVoyage anniversary cruise.
                      (Well, this was before pakarang thought up that self-portrait photo competition subject. Now why didn’t I go for a bit of lateral thinking and just enter a seagull photo for that – feathered variety!!)

Comment

The special "Shirt" will not arrive before Albatros arrives....

I was Cruise Consultant aboard RV Sea 1982-1984, then on to San Francisco untill the "move" to Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                          I'm way ahead of you all with this - I already got a T-shirt made with my avatar photo and the word seagull - thought it would come in useful to identify me on a future CaptainsVoyage anniversary cruise.
                          (Well, this was before pakarang thought up that self-portrait photo competition subject. Now why didn’t I go for a bit of lateral thinking and just enter a seagull photo for that – feathered variety!!)
                          always ahead of the game, Seagull!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rvl Sea Crew View Post
                            The special "Shirt" will not arrive before Albatros arrives....

I was Cruise Consultant aboard RV Sea 1982-1984, then on to San Francisco untill the "move" to Florida.
                            Now I REALLY suspect one or both of you for being in a spy organization--you're beginning to TALK like them!!!!!

Comment

Hahahaha..., you know, as Lt. Pete 'Maverick' Mitchell said in the movie TOP GUN; -"I could tell you..., but then I'd had to kill you!"

Comment

Working...
                              X