Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Royal Viking Meeting 2011 in St. Gallen / Switzerland 3.6.-5.6.2011 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Viking Meeting 2011 in St. Gallen / Switzerland 3.6.-5.6.2011

We met on Friday June3rd in St. Gallen at the " Best Western Hotel Walhalla" where the Manager Urs Majer is one of the old RVL Crew. About 70 people we´ve been together ( with our Spouses) and to our big Joy even a few of our Norwegian friends appeared. It was the usual Reunion and Stories have been exchanged. Sad that we get knowlegde that a few of our Friends deceased in very early Age.next Day we wentout for a Boattrip on Lake Constanz ,which borders the three Countrys Germany , Switzerland and Austria. For the big Feat Urs majer served a fulminous Dinner which last for some of us till 6 a.m
    You can see Pictures on facebook " Erich Dietmueller".
    We do plan for 2014 again a Meeting but this Time in Vienna / Austria. Then there should be many Norwegian and all other Nations attending.

Re: Royal Viking Meeting 2011 in St. Gallen / Switzerland 3.6.-5.6.2011

Hallo Erich, es wäre schön, wenn mann sich die Bilder aunschauen könnte, ohne sich bei Facebook anzumelden.
    Viele Grüße.
    Wolfgang.

Comment

To all of those who are interested in Pictures of RVL Meetings from 2005 till now, here is a Internetadress. If you will write me I am able to send you those Pics. I really do not know how upload Pics in this Forum.
      erich1220@aon.at

Comment

Hallo, Viennese.
        It's not possible to upload pictures directly from your hard drive, apart from an avatar. They must first be hosted on an online site and then linked from here. I have all my photos on Flickr, so I just click on the image to open a larger size, just above that where it says Actions click on the last arrow. Then choose the HTML for the size I want to post, copy it and return to CVF. Click on the Insert Image icon and paste the URL I copied. It then needs a bit of adjusting before I finally click on Submit Reply.
        I very occasionally use Picturepush where I opened an account but don't bother with albums, just post anonymously. I think the majority of members use Photobucket, where presumably the linking over to CVF is similar to Flickr.
        It all sounds horribly complicated, but soon becomes routine if you post frequently. Anyone will help you if you want to take this further.
        Good luck.
        Last edited by wherrygirl; June 13th, 2011, 17:36.
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Thankyou for this Information! It really sound svery complicated, but i´ll try. If not my Internetadress is there for evreybody to get the Pics.
          Eric

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
            I have all my photos on Flickr, so I just click on the image to open a larger size, just above that where it says Actions click on the last arrow. Then choose the HTML for the size I want to post, copy it and return to CVF. Click on the Insert Image icon and paste the URL I copied. It then needs a bit of adjusting before I finally click on Submit .
            Nowdays on Flickr, you can click on the share button and then select
            'Grab the HTML/BBCode' for the size of image you want- then just copy and paste it into the message you're writing without adjustment (you might want to delete the text part of the link though).

Comment

Gaelsail, thanks very much indeed for that tip. Goodness, it's done in a flash now - the old way was so tedious!
              If Viennese uses Flickr, I do hope he sees your post.

PS. I forgot to mention that I can't find a Share button. Clicking on the image in the photostream, there is just Action above the larger image, plus a few icons for specific sharing, then the drop-down menu arrow at the end. That gives a choice between HTML or BBCode. Up till now I used HTML, but after your advice I switched to BBCode.
              Where is your Share button, Gaelsail? I thought I was using the updated Site, maybe not for some reason! I'm posting this on Viennese' thread as it is relevant if he uses Flickr.
              Last edited by wherrygirl; June 15th, 2011, 10:51. Reason: Added PS
              Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Working...
              X