Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

::: Lofoten :::

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Nice video Joakim but she appears to be sailing with her foredeck cargo hatch open

    Is that within regulations? In the Royal Navy someone would be for a court martial.

    Clipper

    (And in my last post: for "sypmtom" please read "symptom")
    Last edited by Clipper; April 21st, 2010, 18:56.
    ---------------------------
    Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
    Deck plan geek.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Clipper View Post
      Nice video Joakim but she appears to be sailing with her foredeck cargo hatch open

      Is that within regulations? In the Royal Navy someone would be for a court martial.

      Clipper

      (And in my last post: for "sypmtom" please read "symptom")
      It depends where she was at that time. If she was approaching a port, it would be natural, but even if she's steaming inshore it's not uncommon to arrange/shift cargo if needed. The reason could also be maintenance on or around the hatch. You can also see that the crane is in operation.

      Comment


        Lofoten arrived today from the maintenance in Denmark this morning and will resume
        the sailings in the Hurtigruten at 08 pm this evening



        View more photo's at my Flickr photostream blog

        Comment


          Originally posted by Tom McNikon View Post
          Lofoten arrived today from the maintenance in Denmark this morning and will resume
          the sailings in the Hurtigruten at 08 pm this evening

          .......
          That is GREAT news... and she does look fabulous. You are still the master when it comes to getting the ships perfectly attached to the memory stick!
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

          Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

          Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

          Comment


            Great images as always!!!
            It's nice that she will be sailing along our coast once again, and I wonder;
            How close to experience her "death" did we in fact get this time....???
            (I heared it was very hard to get the engine-parts needed).
            "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

            Comment


              Two recent shots of Lofoten:



              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

              Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

              Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

              Comment


                There you see...., it's quite possible for a ship of that size to perform a bow spring turn (Even though the tention here is not that high, as she's backing).
                Nice images Jan-Olav, and glad you documented my question from the docking of "Happy Ranger" in the ship spotter thread.
                And one other detail I just discovered from your first image: those portholes in the white wall just below and to the right of the n in hurtigruten.
                Yes, they've most likly been there since her birth in 1964, but I've never noticed them before.

                Great that it's still possible to discover something new...?
                "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                  And one other detail I just discovered from your first image: those portholes in the white wall just below and to the right of the n in hurtigruten.
                  Yes, they've most likly been there since her birth in 1964, but I've never noticed them before.

                  Great that it's still possible to discover something new...?

                  Now you are surpricing me a little bit, Sterkoder. I thought a detail-freek like you, had noticed every single detail on EVERY ship a long time ago.

                  But this is what I enjoy beeing a member on CVF. Even if we see this ships with our own eyes quite often. And even if we see tons of images here on CVF, we almost ALWAYS discover something new.

                  I have a lot to learn of you detail-freaks

                  Comment


                    "Lofoten" inbound to Tromsø tonight.



                    Best wishes from
                    Bengt Domben

                    Comment


                      The light in Tromsø is magical, as well as the images which we receive from Bengt!

                      A delight!

                      One day, these images will be a historical record of the old generation.
                      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

                      Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

                      Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

                      Comment


                        "Lofoten" on her way north from Tromsø this evening.

                        Best wishes from
                        Bengt Domben

                        Comment


                          very nicely shot Bengt - as usual and expected from you !
                          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

                          Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

                          Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

                          Comment


                            Hi guys!
                            This is my first post here at CaptainsVoyage; a wonderful forum it seems!
                            I wonder if anyone of you has pictures of the Captains cabin on Lofoten? Besides; is there a 'shipowners cabin' (Rederlugar) on Lofoten? How does this look like?

                            Keep up the good work

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by midnat View Post
                              Hi guys!
                              This is my first post here at CaptainsVoyage; a wonderful forum it seems!
                              I wonder if anyone of you has pictures of the Captains cabin on Lofoten? Besides; is there a 'shipowners cabin' (Rederlugar) on Lofoten? How does this look like?

                              Keep up the good work
                              Thank you so very much, and a very warm welcome on board with our friendly family. We all hope and pray that you will find a lot of interest within these pages and that you quickly will feel a part of this wonderful family!

                              Welcome on board!

                              I do not personally have any images of the Captains Cabin, but I wouldn't be surprised if anyone already has!
                              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

                              Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

                              Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

                              Comment


                                Captains cabin? No, I have never got an invitation.

                                Shipowners cabin? Maybe, I have some photos of a special cabin.

                                Bedroom



                                Living room



                                I have cut the porthole on the left side because I am not sure, if the "owners" would like to see their photo in the web.



                                My last journey on MS Lofoten is nearly three years ago, so it is possible there are changes.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X