Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin, thank you so much for asking, and yes, you may send them the images!

It was a beautiful day in Trondheim!
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Thank`s a lot J-O.

You see, Reidar is celebrating his 75th birthday onboard MIDNATSOL this roundtrip.

And the dearest CV-captain and his crew, have now given the celebrating grand old man the most perfect birthday-gift with your signature on.

Thanks again.

And as far as I know Reidar, you will be his hero the rest of his life

Comment

Midnatsol i midnattsol

When the beautiful midnight-sun was shining, I was able to "follow" the ship with the midnightsun-name "Midnatsol" for about 2 hours.

From she was a tiny little dot far out on the Vestfjord, until we were able to identify her as Midnatsol.

A beautiful night in the Bodø-area. And I just can`t resist adding som midnightsun-images in this pics-serie of Midnatsol arriving Bodø on south last night.

Last edited by HurtigruteMartin; July 4th, 2010, 16:31.

Comment

And about 20 minutes late on schedule, I was able to say Welcome to Bodø to Midnatsol and my friends sleeping onboard.

Comment

Oh Martin, that’s a wish-I’d-taken-that skyscape-sunset!!!!!!! (and absolutely not OT for such a name of ship )
            And what a clever pakarang-view bow photo too.
            These images are really getting me in the mood for my day aboard Midnatsol.

Comment

Thank`s alot for your comment lady C. I sort of knew it was a little Seagull-teaser..............

Wish I could join you on Midnatsol

I guess THIS is what you called a pakarang-view

Originally posted by HurtigruteMartin View Post

A 4 years old girl saw this picture earlier today. She told me it looked like a shark was going to eat me.

I wish I had the imagination of a child

Comment

I'm kind of sad they have painted the red star in the bow all red....

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Yes, it is sad to see that the stars are painted red

Here are some pictures of the "Midnatsol" in Sandnessjøen on 15.07.2010

Comment

Always nice to see beautiful pictures of that great ship, Joakim.

....And my little picture-story is from july 16th. A little bit more south. This is BUD at Hustavika........

And when I was served this delicious "fish-symphony" at the great fish-restaurant at BUD.............

.................I suddenly was aware of a common sight

The southbound "Midnatsol" just passed by

I ran out of the restaurant to catch my camera from my car. And was able to get a few pictures before MS was out of sight, and I could finished the best fish-meal I have EVER eaten

........to be continued..........

Comment

After that delicious fish-meal at BUD, I took a car-drive to Molde. And at the harbour at Molde I saw this..........

Two HURTIGRUTER at the same time. Northbound "Kong Harald" and the same southbound "Midnatsol" I saw at Bud.

All of a sudden, Midnatsol was underway........On this image KH and MS looks like ONE big hurtigrute.......

Two Hurtigruteships side by side

And MS was turning, to go out the Romsdalsfjord at further south

But suddenly I realized that something was a bit "wrong".

MS was turning too much........ She was simply going back to he quay..........

Midnatsol moored the same quay 10 minutes after leaving. The explanation was simple. Some passangers was onboard WRONG Hurtigrute ..........

Comment

...funny story and great pictures!!! Thank you for posting, Martin!
                        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

What a delightful little drama you witnessed Martin! As I will be aboard Midnatsol and passing through Molde in exactly one week’s time, I am going to get very amused watching passengers board! Perhaps I should ask them where they think they are going!

Now if the northbound ship had been Trollfjord the mistake might have been even more likely!

Wonderful posts in this and other threads from your recent travels.

Comment

Very nice pictures! I must say this was a good series of photos How are the photos taken?

Comment

Geiranger

Midnatsol arriving Geiranger

Passes luxury yacht 'Lauren L'

Met by 'Geirangerfjord'

Comment

Originally posted by Gaelsail View Post
                                Met by 'Geirangerfjord'

Very nice shot! I like this one especially!

Comment

Working...
                                X