::: Nordstjernen :::

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you both for your comments.

"Nordstjernen" inbound to Tromsø this morning from one of her many trips this month.

Last edited by Azimut; April 23rd, 2018, 19:36.
    Best wishes from
    Bengt Domben

Comment

So beautiful - so very beautiful.

One thing I started thinking about when I saw this image.... the portholes on Nordstjernen all have white frames. Did also Polarlys - her now long lost younger sister - also have white frames on the portholes?

As far as I can remember, Nordstjernen has always had white frames on the portholes.
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

"Nordstjernen" from Tromsø tonight on its Arctic ski & sail trip which runs through these places Lyngen - Bjørnøya - Hornsund - Isfjorden - Billefjorden and finally to Longyearbyen.
        She is now ready for the Svalbard cruise through the summer.
        The banner on the ship side says peak performance.

Last edited by Azimut; May 7th, 2018, 21:06.
        Best wishes from
        Bengt Domben

Comment

Imagine if the ship had been sold abroad and we would never get the chance to see such maritime p0rn so frequently.... that would be so tragic.

For each year that passes by, I feel more and more elated that she is still in use in Norway and not some far away country with no respect for her heritage and history.
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Working...
          X