Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonderful picture report from Hamburg - truly a very special sight seeing her next to Cap San Diego.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
    Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
    Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Sorry, some more photos will follow soon. Last days I was busy producing juice from apples and pears in our garden.

A special photo for nari:

This weekend was the celebration 30 years Cap San Diego in Hamburg, too. Open ship on Friday and a short cruise on Saturday. I visited the machine while it was working. Yes, I took a lot of photos there, but wrong thread.

Comment

• nari
        nari commented
        Editing a comment
        Eilun,
        thank you for showing this splendid photo. To me she remains the epitome of a streamlined freighter/passenger ship. I think it was some decades ago I read that she was laid up - or planned to be. Good to see she is not. However I would not travel on her - far too large....!

• The crew in front of the bow and Blohm and Voss in the background.

Not so many photos from inside because I think, it is all well known here. But I love the toilet with the emergency exit.

Comment

• The photographer Oliver Asmussen in action while searching the best position for an outstanding photo.

You can take a look at the result here:
        http://oceanliner-pictures.com/diffe...ior-views.html

Full moon in the night, but only half sun in the evening:

Comment

• I stayed on a campsite near Hamburg where the parking place is far away from the tents. In the morning my car boot was open and I couldn’t find the telephoto lens. Lost or stolen – I don’t know, but this means no more close-up views.

Nordstjernen in the locks in Brunsbüttel, unfortunately the weather was grey.

A view from the Grünentaler high bridge:

Comment

• Evelyn (Harald Jarl) emailed this morning - some computer/logging in issues, but she says ... NORDSTJERNEN is on her way to Haugesund, presently abeam Egersund:
            She will be hotelship for mountain climbers in Lofoten several weeks, the event is called "Haute route" - going on maybe like 2-3 weeks, also alternating between Bodø and Tromsø.

~https://www.hurtigruten.com/destinat...-bodo-to-troms
            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• NORDSTJERNEN just passed Kristiansund and will meet southbound VESTERAALEN abeam Edøy on her way to Bodø. I'm at work, so I didn't get the opportunity to see her myself.
              "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

• The passenger can join some ski-tours in Senja, Andørja and Henningsvaer. I hope, Bengt can catch her in Tromsø. I wonder how many people book a cruise to do a ski tour...
              By the way, say hello from me to Evelyn, Mark!
              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• Police in Bodø arrested thursday morning over a dozen of the crew of the former Hurtigruten vessel "Nordstjernen"

We have arrested 14 people on suspicion of violating the Immigration Act, confirms police lawyer Charlotte Ringkjøb in Nordland Police

The article is only available in Norwegian.

https://www.nordlys.no/bodo/krim/hur.../s/5-34-607611
                Best wishes from
                Bengt Domben

Comment

• ombugge
                  ombugge commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How is it possible to change between NOR and NIS registry more or less on a daily basis??
                  Does that mean the vessel is carrying two sets of certificates?? Is the crew signed on and off at every changeover??
                  Has anybody heard of other vessels doing the same??

• With the limited stories in media, I'm not sure I fully understand the incident in Bodø, what the problem was.

In addition, the newspaper stories are written by people who doesn't know the difference between ship, boat, cruise ship, passenger ship, ferry, flag, NIS or NOR....

With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com
                Old forum: http://captainsvoyage.7.forumer.com/
                Join us: Save the "Kong Olav" on facebook

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• NORDSTJERNEN has a captain from Gjemnes, just a 30 minutes drive from Kristiansund, and he told the local newspaper that he will take the ship to Kristiansund 29. April and moore her at Nordmørskaia quay around 10 AM.
                  The reason for this visit? Nothing special. They just had some spare time on their hands, as their next scheduled departure will be from Bergen 10. May.
                  The captain said NORDSTJERNEN will be in Kristiansund for the coming week.

(Note to self: Remember to charge camera batteries)

Comment

• Seagull
                    Seagull commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's fantastic Svein. Looking forward to your photos!

• Ralf__
                    Ralf__ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree. Did anyone notice, what the result of that investigation above was?

• Sterkoder
                    Sterkoder commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Arrival postponed until Sunday.
                    I learned today that if this visit has a purpose or reason, it is because the Port Authorities had wanted her to visit Kristiansund for quite some time.
                    Why? That I don't know.

• I promised you pictures of NORDSTJERNEN when she arrived in Kristiansund last week-end. Well, the days haven't had enough hours, but tonight (Thursday), I got an offer I could not refuse.
                  How about walking along aboard the Star with the Pentax, almost without any restriction? Well, together with the Historical Ship Society and 40 of our 200 local members, I entered the ship at 7 PM. Here are the pictures for you:

Comment

• "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X