No announcement yet.

::: Nordstjernen :::

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you so much for this trip report and your ever excellent and inspiring photography, Kim. It brought back so many memories for me too, both of the ship and the destination. And yes, thanks to Hurtigruten for sailing Nordstjernen again long after I thought I had witnessed the final goodbyes in 2012.

Comment

News from the Kristiansund Port Authorities Friday morning:

Former hurtigrute MS Nordstjernen, will be winter stored in Kristiansund. She will arrive in December, and most likely be moored in a safe, but very visible place, in the city until March 2019.

"IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
        News from the Kristiansund Port Authorities Friday morning:

Former hurtigrute MS Nordstjernen, will be winter stored in Kristiansund. She will arrive in December, and most likely be moored in a safe, but very visible place, in the city until March 2019.
        Oh, good news, and perhaps a small "congratulations" as well.

As far as I know, she is currently at Fosen Yards as an accommodation ship during the refurbishment of one of the HRG-ships there.
        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• nari
          nari commented
          Editing a comment
          A kindly gesture for another old ship - but what will happen to Lofoten next year when I understand she is to be sold off? She has had an incredibly strong following with the pax for years......I hope she does not end up rotting in an Asian port and scrapped.....tooo sad.

• Sterkoder
          Sterkoder commented
          Editing a comment
          But why will LOFOTEN be sold? Is it due to the fact that she's not fit to take on board passengers with certain handicaps who can't come on board without specially designed gangways, on board elevators and as we call it in Norwegian, that she's not 'universelt utformet'??
          I know there are rules and regs that means of transportation open to the public, must be 'universelt utformet' and that the handicap organizations and humans who sadly have a handicap that limit their movement, look upon it all as rather discriminating for them.
          BUT; the fact that if people with handicaps can't use LOFOTEN, then nobody else should use her either? Is that not discriminating to all who does not have a handicap?
          Why does the sailings with LOFOTEN have to stop completely, just because one can't use a wheel chair on board?
          This is not the correct thread for a discussion of LOFOTEN, but I'm getting a bit provoked.
      Working...
      X