• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ::: Nordstjernen :::

You are more than welcome!

Comment

Big "thank you" from me, too :-). I doubt that she will look as sparklingly new as "Serenissima" after the Gdansk renovation - but anyway... at least the scaffolding seems to be proof that work is going on

Comment

Finally... here are some photos of the "Nordstjernen" model which was delivered to me last week from miniatyrskip.no (Esben Ronander). It took a long, long time from order to building and delivery, but I think it's very much worth the reasonable price :-)

... and here in the display case which I also ordered (to avoid problems with having to meticulously clean dust of the model all the time ;-) ):

Comment

Well, it seems that she'll now really be coming to Fjordsteam... at least she's still announced for the event, no cancellation... after the cancellation in Flensburg, I was somewhat skeptical, but let's think positive... has anyonye some more concrete information regarding the status in Gdansk? After all, she would have to be ready to sail to Norway in a few days...

Comment

There is an offer for the sail from Gdansk to Bergen, but...

Departure 26.07.13 or 27.07.13, not sure.
            The classification should be the 25.07.13 - if Nordstjernen don't pass it, this will be a problem.

I can't try it, it is too late now and maybe it is better.

No Nordstjernen, but Dampf rundum in Flensburg was great.

Comment

Looks good According to Marinetraffic, Nordstjernen is currently in Kattegat, doing 14.8 knots with destination Bergen

Comment

I found this webcam caption from the time when she left Gdansk
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ps1e915136.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Gestumblindi View Post
                  Looks good According to Marinetraffic, Nordstjernen is currently in Kattegat, doing 14.8 knots with destination Bergen
                  She's bound for the huge festival Fjordsteam 2013.
                  Someone, don't know who and I think it was on FB, used the dates 4.-8. August..., so I just forgot all about it. Now I notice that Fjordsteam 2013 is from 1.-4. August...., and me havneing my last week of vacation could've been there.
                  "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                    She's bound for the huge festival Fjordsteam 2013.
                    Yes, indeed! And I, having the last week of my vacation as well, just now arrived in Bergen. I made some reservations (lucky now that I already booked the trip with Nordstjernen for next Sunday when it wasn't sure she would come - sold out now...) and am looking forward to Fjordsteam - though the weather isn't expected to be very good, but then it's Bergen

Comment

Nordstjernen is a bit late (should have arrived in Bekkjarvik yesterday evening), but she's in Norway and will reach Bekkjarvik very shortly according to Marinetraffic (apparently stayed in Haugesund last night). So it seems that her tour from Bekkjarvik to Bergen at 10 o'clock will go as planned, as they say on the Fjordsteam web site

Comment

Here are some detail photos I made at Fjordsteam, which show in my opinion that good work was being done:

Comment

Very encouraging indeed Gestumblindi

Comment

Absolutely - she's starting to look good.
                            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Looks like they have done a VERY good job. Lots of new steel, cabling, piping and not to mention new wood for the decks.
                              Not the normal; slab some paint on and fix the rest as and when it breaks down. (If it ain't broken, why fix it??)

Comment

This photo is from Sunday so Gestumblindi is on board - but where?

Comment

Working...
                                X