Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ::: Nordstjernen :::

Dear Lady C,

Seeing it from on board the ship, and now seeing it as we saw it from shore, I'm sure is quite moving and completes the story in a way.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
      Dear Lady C,
      Seeing it from on board the ship, and now seeing it as we saw it from shore, I'm sure is quite moving and completes the story in a way.
      Oh it was pakarang, and as you say gives a more complete and new dimension to the experience, as I hope my photos did a bit for you.
      I was so pleased with the photos of me, which is a rare thing as I’m so utterly un-photogenic (and that was not the best of times having had a swollen eyelid). There’s one more thing which would complete my experience of that day, and I hardly dare to ask. I think I have to say “pretty please” and generally grovel. But I LOVE that image #1838/2, and I wondered if I might be allowed to keep a private copy and if it might be possible for you to re-position the CVF logo somewhere else! But please don’t worry if your processing is too automated and you can’t easily do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
        Oh it was pakarang, and as you say gives a more complete and new dimension to the experience, as I hope my photos did a bit for you.
        I was so pleased with the photos of me, which is a rare thing as I’m so utterly un-photogenic (and that was not the best of times having had a swollen eyelid). There’s one more thing which would complete my experience of that day, and I hardly dare to ask. I think I have to say “pretty please” and generally grovel. But I LOVE that image #1838/2, and I wondered if I might be allowed to keep a private copy and if it might be possible for you to re-position the CVF logo somewhere else! But please don’t worry if your processing is too automated and you can’t easily do so.
        Oh, yes, all your images were nothing but absolutely fantastic... what an journey you had! The perfect way to say "farewell" to this lady... I bet it was hard to realize mid-cruise, that your final days on board were quickly coming to an end ---- no matter how much you resisted it, the days ran out...

I will off course let you have a personal copy of that image... I will have it sent to your e-mail within the day! Without the logo as well, full size... the pleasure is all mine. (wink)

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I want to thank both Seagull and pakarang for some amazing pictures of the old lady.

We will for all time have some lovely photos of the ship from the inside and outside such I will remember her for all future thanks to you two.
          A huuuge thanks to both of you for these great contributions.

I will make a small contribution in the form of a picture while she was still in service, here she is arriving Tromsø in beautiful winter weather.

Best wishes from
          Bengt Domben

Comment

And now even Bengt.... this is an amazing farewell! Thank you all.
            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Thank you for your kind words Bengt, and most of all for sharing your own beautiful photo. Such mood, such light.

Well, I saw on Marine traffic that the ship moved to Bergen today.And just now I saw this news report.

Comment

This is bad news, however not surprising. Are there any possibilities to find out how these people are earning money? They have no internet sites so i am not able to find any activities. If you search for Bruvik, there are still a lot of offers to do cruises on her. But what happens to her, why is there obviously no work on her? No money? No time? But how is the money earned then? ???? ??? ?????? ? ??? ?? This was a quick solution, but not the best, i guess.
                Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Bad news indeed, I had a hope that she would remain in the country but now, soon, she will be out of reach for many.

Some part of my kind of expected this to happen... sad.

And your image, Bengt, is absolutely superb! The light in the photo is breath-taking!

Comment

Thank you all for the comments.

I read earlier today that "NX" should head for Poland late tonight or tomorrow.
                    They say that they will grade and upgrade the ship in Poland.

According to rumors on Facebook,the Directorate for Cultural Heritage should have given permission to sail to Poland
                    Remember that this is just a rumor .....

But I will not judge anything in advance, so we'll see when she comes back to Norway what is carried out on board
                    Best wishes from
                    Bengt Domben

Comment

Directorate for Cultural Heritage has given this information about "Nordstjernen" today.

The link is in Norwegian but I have taken the liberty to translate this policy briefing.

http://www.riksantikvaren.no/?module...Show;ID=134927

In english

M/V "Nordstjernen" to Polish yard

Heritage has given the M/V "Nordstjernen" temporary permission to seek a workshop in Poland for classification and maintenance.

M/V "Nordstjernen" is temporarily protected and should return to Norway by the end of May 2013. Work in Poland should be under the supervision of Directorate for Cultural Heritage and the Norwegian Veritas.

Heritage
                      M/V "Nordstjernen" was completed in 1956 and was the last of the Hurtigruten ships that were built with the same ship building traditions and events that steamships between the wars. The ship is an outstanding example of 1950s art of ship interior. M/V "Nordstjernen" has sailed close to half Hurtigruten's 119 years of history and was temporarily protected by 2012.

- M/V "Nordstjernen" have a great need for maintenance. When these are completed will ship back to Norway and will again take its place among the finest maritime treasures we have along the coast, said Head of Section Alexander Ytteborg at Directorate for Cultural Heritage.

New Owner
                      The old steamer ship M/V "Nordstjernen" owned by the company M/S Nordstjernen AS. The vessel is managed by RS Platou Finans, which also works with the Directorate for Cultural Heritage to meet the conditions of the temporary protection.

All we can do now is wait and see how this goes
                      Best wishes from
                      Bengt Domben

Comment

Pictuers are deleted!
                        Last edited by Joakim; November 27th, 2012, 22:14.

Comment

I've taken the liberty to copy and paste a few english words posted by Carina H. here translated from a Norwegian article last week:

"It is not the acctual steamship company (Indre Nordhordland Dampbåtlag) that have signed the contract and paid the deposit to Hurtigruten ASA. It is a shipping company that belongs to the same owner constellation. A company from Karmøy (Vestland Rederi). 80 percent of this company is owned by Grand Ocean Shipping Company Ltd, registered in Gibraltar, with an adress in Poland, and also owns 100 percent of Indre Nordhordland Dampbåtlag. In addition, the Grand Ocean Shipping Company owns Vestland Marine, a shipping company also based in Poland, controlled by Jarle Rasmussen, who also established the Karmøy-company, Vestland Rederi, and is the director of Indre Nordhordland Dampbåtlag.

Jarle Rasmussen, a native of Sauda in Norway, have emigrated to Poland. Rasmussens Company also leases the shipyard where the steamboat MS "Bruvik" has been in over three years.

Ownership hidden

- Who owns the Grand Ocean Shipping?
                          - It is a foreign company, and I will not say anything about who owns it.

In the registers of Gibraltar the real ownership is hidden behind a law firm called Attlev Management Company. This company is listed as the owner of the entire share capital of 100 pounds. "

In another Norwegian ship forum, people who know the new "owner" talks about NORDSTJERNEN being sent to Poland to rot...., so this could be an uinteresting story to follow.
                          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by Fjordtroll View Post
                            "Nordstjernen" in Bergen yesterday
                            Are these your photos? Or Tom's photos? :/
                            https://www.facebook.com/?sk=nf#!/ph...type=1&theater

Comment

Deleted by self..........
                              Last edited by Sterkoder; November 27th, 2012, 22:42.
                              "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Originally posted by carinahansen View Post
                                Are these your photos? Or Tom's photos? :/
                                https://www.facebook.com/?sk=nf#!/ph...type=1&theater

It is my pictures. I was with Tom when he took the same pictures

Comment

Working...
                                X