::: Nordstjernen :::

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ::: Nordstjernen :::

Can't anyone handle a "Sorry!"...., or a "Beg of pardon"...., and a person's regret of writing something both here, in PM's and on FB...????
    How sorry must I be??? How many times must I admit stepping in the salad???? Holy, I'm almost drowning in it for God's sake!!
    I've said I'm sorry to the person direct, I've said I'm sorry to all of you viewers...., what else can I do??? Any suggestions??????????

If I see two pictures looking like copies, I will always ask questions...., no matter who's behind the camera, even if it was our dear Captain.

A short note about the tripod would have explained it all, and I wouldn't have written a single letter!

I belive it is great that we learn from each other and help each other out, and so I told Joakim in a post in here. I belive Tom is a Master on the subject
    and I also said Joakim was a great student. The pictures as such are great!!!!!

Holy Christ!!!!!!!!!!

I think I need a long time-out.....
    Last edited by Sterkoder; November 28th, 2012, 17:26.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Now now everyone. Why dont we all take a deeep breath and calm down now,please.
      I think we all must remember what actually is the reason why we are spending time here, and that is ofcourse because of our loved ship Nordstjernen. Are we perhaps so fired up about Her is leavin us that we are letting feelings take over?
      Lets have a look at Marinetraffic and get furious about this instead:
      Nordstjernen is now outside Gothenburg at the seastretch Kattegat.She is doing over 13knots on her way to Gdansk,Poland!

Comment

Originally posted by HurtigruteHelge View Post
        Are we perhaps so fired up about Her is leavin us that we are letting feelings take over? Lets have a look at Marinetraffic and get furious about this instead:
        Nordstjernen is now outside Gothenburg at the seastretch Kattegat. She is doing over 13knots on her way to Gdansk, Poland!
        Yes. Hard times

Comment

The model of Nordsjernen in Hurtigruten Terminal at Finnsness.

Last edited by yvneac; March 19th, 2013, 16:38.

Comment

Originally posted by yvneac View Post
            The model of Nordsjernen in Hurtigruten Terminal at Finnsness.
            Am I wrong, or do some of those ropes need tightening?
            ---------------------------
            Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
            Deck plan geek.
            The first 5 days after the weekend are the toughest.

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper View Post
              Am I wrong, or do some of those ropes need tightening?
              Certainly, Clipper.
              But it can be done in Norway.It is not necessary to send her to Poland!

Comment

Originally posted by yvneac View Post
                Certainly, Clipper.
                But it can be done in Norway.It is not necessary to send her to Poland!
                Excellent!! I couldn't have hoped for better answer.
                ---------------------------
                Harald Jarl, Honningsvag to Svolvaer, Summer 1985.
                Deck plan geek.
                The first 5 days after the weekend are the toughest.

Comment

Isnt that a bit strange model? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Tommi View Post
                    Isnt that a bit strange model? :-)
                    I think the model shows the first Nordstjernen from 1937. This is the Nordstjernen which sunk in Raftsundet 22. September 1954, with the loss of 5 people
                    Last edited by Sigve; November 29th, 2012, 17:50.
                    Regards; Sigve.
                    ---
                    IF I WIN IN LOTTO, I COULD GO EVERYWHERE. WITH FRAM....

Comment

I missed out on the great discussion here and, as a "non-FB" member, I also missed the pictures in question.
                      Is it possible to post them back here on CVF???

As for NX heading for Poland for repairs?? It does make a lot of sense. It is less expensive to do the repairs and re-classification there then to import Polish workers to Norway to do the same.

Seeing that R.S.Platou Finance is in the picture should indicate that the finances are in place to do what it takes to get her back in shape.
                      A lot of work is needed if the intention is to keep her in class and certified for passenger traffic, even if it is only in Norwegian Coastal trade.
                      (As said before, International trade will require compliance with SOLAS 2010, which is a very unlikely scenario)

Comment

Originally posted by Sigve View Post
                        I think the model shows the first Nordstjernen from 1937. This is the Nordstjernen which sunk in Raftsundet 22. September 1954, with the loss of 5 people
                        Agree.... this is definitely the Nordstjernen of 1937.
                        With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                        Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Miniatyrskip.no have started production of the Nordstjernen model... are there anyone here that have made an order for one?

http://www.finn.no/finn/torget/tilsa...nkode=31843679

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                            Miniatyrskip.no have started production of the Nordstjernen model... are there anyone here that have made an order for one?

http://www.finn.no/finn/torget/tilsa...nkode=31843679
                            Yes, I have ordered one. I'm excited and can't wait to receive my "Nordstjernen"

Comment

Very nice photo light in the last picture. Great timing Bengt!

Comment

A very nice photo: perfectly exposed because you can still see the details in the black hull (anchor) and the white superstructure is not "washed out"... Well done job!

Comment

Working...
                                X